Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y collision: repair estimates/thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Bumper replacement, definitely go with the Tesla part. It was about $1000 for us to replace, but it’s a factory painted part so you don’t have to fight with a 3rd party shop to try and match the paint.
FWIW, we also had to replace a headlight assembly which also cost $1000ea.
It’s like owning a B.O.A.T. (Bust Out Another Thousand) any time you need to repair.

For Bumper replacement, definitely go with the Tesla part. It was about $1000 for us to replace, but it’s a factory painted part so you don’t have to fight with a 3rd party shop to try and match the paint.
FWIW, we also had to replace a headlight assembly which also cost $1000ea.
It’s like owning a B.O.A.T. (Bust Out Another Thousand) any time you need to repair.
Right, the Tesla brand white rear bumpers come factory mis-matched so no extra work required!

Sorry, too easy.... :rolleyes::)

Sorry you're going through this. Probably not going to help, but Sandy Munro hit a deer while on his cross-country trip. I think they clipped or duct-taped their sensor to their bumper as a temporary measure.

Thank you! That makes sense why my body shop cannot complete the work.. it must be the parking sensor of the front right side that was damaged from deer..

Urrrrggg!

Even minor damages are expensive to fix these days with the advent of crush/crumple zones. So much of the car's structure is designed to give away to absorb impact which means there's a lot of internal damage that you don't see.

I had an Audi A5 before the MY and what I thought was a little "love-tap" (during rush-hour traffic) on the freeway from a car behind me ended up costing the offender $3200. During the inspection, the adjuster approved a new rear bumper cover, lower valance and a bunch of internal retaining braces and clips that broke off on impact + labor + paint.

Same thing happened to my B9 S5. Someone tapped me in a drive-thru and it cost them close to $4,000 and then a car hit my right rear quarter backing out of a parking spot and and it cost around $3,500. It's crazy how much it costs to fix those cars, even when they get a simple bump.