Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Control Arm Issues 1 month/800 miles in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had the car for about a month, and recently on a short trip, I started noticing deep grinding sounds from the front left wheel area on most sharp turns (probably greater than a 30 degree turn or so). I haven't been able to repro while recording myself, but it sounds like the first 5 seconds or so of this person's issue (
). No sounds when going straight, slight turns.

Most of what I've seen online seem to talk about squeaking or the UCA wearing out after awhile, but this car is relatively new. Could this just be a defect from the start? Or could this be another issue? (I will be scheduling a service appointment)

Thanks!

Have you looked In the wheel well? Sounds to me like the plastic liner is rubbing on the tire. If so, you may be able to simply snap it back into place.
That's a great idea I'll check that out!
I’d have rhe brakes inspected
Typically something stick. road debris
I saw some posts about pressing on the brake covers in case something got stuck between them and getting any debris out, but weird that it would only have sounds on sharp turns..

I'll check both though!

Thinking back in my trip I do recall going over a pretty big speed bump around some construction, which could've done one of these things