Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y delivery, instant issues, disappointing experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After months of following this forum and waiting eagerly for my Model Y and Model S, my Model Y was delivered yesterday. Within the first 30 min, the driver door won’t close. And I gently tried a couple of times to see what was blocking it and in just doing that, it left a scratch on the door trim (black metal thing). Eventually, I lowered the glass window and the door was able to close. It works properly now, but the fact that it had a door issue as soon as it was delivered plus the multiple smudges, minor alignment issues and some bodywork evidence at the rear passenger side, is very disheartening. I am not even sure I want delivery of Model S anymore.

Ouch, that sucks.

Did you use the door open button or the manual release to open it? Only asking since lowering the window fixed it. (My wife used the manual release about 6 times before I figured out what was going on. Confusing).

Most Teslas are fine. I would at least look at the S, decide to accept it once you see it.

• Helpful
Reactions: impastu and SuzyQ4
After months of following this forum and waiting eagerly for my Model Y and Model S, my Model Y was delivered yesterday. Within the first 30 min, the driver door won’t close. And I gently tried a couple of times to see what was blocking it and in just doing that, it left a scratch on the door trim (black metal thing). Eventually, I lowered the glass window and the door was able to close. It works properly now, but the fact that it had a door issue as soon as it was delivered plus the multiple smudges, minor alignment issues and some bodywork evidence at the rear passenger side, is very disheartening. I am not even sure I want delivery of Model S anymore.
True,

I waited for my MODEL Y long range around 4 months and when i receive the delivery, i saw lot of Build quality issue with my MODEL Y.

Here are some concerns and issue about the “BUILD QUALITY of MODEL Y delivered to me on Oct 28th, 2021.

I have send all the photos and videos to TESLA service department. The build quality of a $55,000 MODELY Y has really gone down and there are few SAFETY AND SECURITY concerns.
  1. Driver and passengers side DOORS and WINDOWS does not close and open the way it should be and it is a very “BIG SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERN.
  2. Driver and passengers side windows does not open and close automatically from inside.
  3. Phone charging station does not work properly.
  4. Frunk rubber is not aligned with the seam where water can easily seep in the FRUNK.
  5. Right side Passengers front floor LINING is not aligned.
  6. Outside right back passenger rubber LINING NOT aligned.
I owned Tesla Model 3 but MODELY Y delivery with Poor build quality disappointed me as i was big fan and follower of Elon Musk and his company. Maybe he is too busy churning out the numbers for him and the investors, with lowering the quality of the most desirable car. Disappointed!!!!

Please be careful while taking the delivery of your MODEL Y

Ouch, that sucks.

Did you use the door open button or the manual release to open it? Only asking since lowering the window fixed it. (My wife used the manual release about 6 times before I figured out what was going on. Confusing).

Most Teslas are fine. I would at least look at the S, decide to accept it once you see it.
I used the door open button. I am calmed down now because the service center really prioritized my car and have resolved the door issue. So I am all set and enjoying my Model Y. Slowly getting excited for the Model S :)