Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Dog Guard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen this posted yet but apologies if I'm repeating old news...

Guardsman now have a Model Y dog guard available to order (rather than 'coming soon'):

They also have a dog guard and boot divider package:

Reactions: Considered1
I ordered one yesterday. Will let everyone know how good it is.

Didn’t go for the boot divider as I’d only use it when taking dogs on longer trips and might struggle getting into the lower boot with it in place.
Ordered mine a few minutes ago 😁 I've bought their guards for a couple of past cars and even had them make one to order for a custom car with no problem in fit or finish of any of them so pretty confident they'll have the Y right 👍

Reactions: dangrenade
They look very well made - thinking of pulling the trigger on these. Has anyone received them yet for their MY? I’m especially interested to see how easy it is to fold back the divider when not in use to be able to access the under boot storage…

I bought this on amazon for £16, fits perfectly in Model Y and no rattles. Doesnt looks as robust as the guardsman but we have small dogs and only use it occassionally.
Think manufacturer is Sakura.

Attachments

• IMG_0741.JPEG
    IMG_0741.JPEG
    687.8 KB · Views: 1,774
  • IMG_0742.JPEG
    IMG_0742.JPEG
    463.4 KB · Views: 595
They look very well made - thinking of pulling the trigger on these. Has anyone received them yet for their MY? I’m especially interested to see how easy it is to fold back the divider when not in use to be able to access the under boot storage…
Got mine and will be installing tomorrow all being well. Will let you know.

So finally got round to fitting the guardsman and really happy with it. For £150 I was expecting good things and so far I’m not disappointed and glad I invested. Fitting took 5 mins and was so straightforward. Really well made and the matte black goes well with everything else. No rattles or squeaks on my test drive so far. I know it’s pricey but IMO well worth it.

Attachments

• 3D5B6AC0-CC8B-47F0-8660-1FB9D58C3E4A.jpeg
    3D5B6AC0-CC8B-47F0-8660-1FB9D58C3E4A.jpeg
    509.8 KB · Views: 637
  • 6AFA29D5-DFE1-4E42-B4FB-2F9B0A27DB84.jpeg
    6AFA29D5-DFE1-4E42-B4FB-2F9B0A27DB84.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 556
So finally got round to fitting the guardsman and really happy with it. For £150 I was expecting good things and so far I’m not disappointed and glad I invested. Fitting took 5 mins and was so straightforward. Really well made and the matte black goes well with everything else. No rattles or squeaks on my test drive so far. I know it’s pricey but IMO well worth it.

That looks really good, I may well invest in one of those closer to MY delivery. Did you buy the divider too?

I bought this on amazon for £16, fits perfectly in Model Y and no rattles. Doesnt looks as robust as the guardsman but we have small dogs and only use it occassionally.
Think manufacturer is Sakura.

I installed one of these yesterday. I didn't install the side wings as I think they look a bit ugly and it's really only the centre that the dog would try to get through anyway.. took about 5 minutes and looks pretty decent especially for the price.

That sakura looks good. Some of the ones out there look massively heavy duty (with equivalent price).. it's a dog, it probably isn't going to be wielding bolt cutters..
Just did a trip from london to devon and back with our two Jack Russels. The Sakura dog guard worked perfectly, zero complaints. Not sure it would stand up to a rotweiler trying to savage it with teeth and claws but for our two small dogs it was perfect, and importantly no rattles.

Took 30 seconds to remove it from car after trip by just undoing the two clamps onto the headrests. Will prob keep it stored flat in the boot when not in use as so quick to take down and put up. Think its a pretty good product for £16. The Guardsman dog guard looks like a better engineered product but then again it is 9 times the cost!

That sakura looks good. Some of the ones out there look massively heavy duty (with equivalent price).. it's a dog, it probably isn't going to be wielding bolt cutters..
I have to say that I buy a dog guard not just for stopping my dogs from jumping over the back seats but also to keep them in the boot if the world ever turns upside down, gets spinny or stops suddenly.

I've no idea how strong the sakura one is and it may well stop 20/30/40kg of furball (or anything else in the boot) flying towards it at 70mph but the better known brands give me more confidence. I do however also wince at the price of Guardsman/Travall et. al. but it's something to consider.

Anyone got a referral or discount code for Guardsman?
Having tried to do without a Guard, the dog jumped over and I now need to get something, liked the cheapness of the Amazon offering, but having a Travall in the Audi, i feel the guardsman is the better investment
TYIA :)

Anyone got a referral or discount code for Guardsman?
Having tried to do without a Guard, the dog jumped over and I now need to get something, liked the cheapness of the Amazon offering, but having a Travall in the Audi, i feel the guardsman is the better investment
TYIA :)

What he said ^^^^^^^ :)

I'd like to get one of these also please, if available.

I've ordered from them for a few cars and never managed to find a discount code ☹️ I suspect that box is for very one-off reasons or just came as standard with whatever cart software they are using sorry.

Reactions: interbear
I've ordered from them for a few cars and never managed to find a discount code ☹️ I suspect that box is for very one-off reasons or just came as standard with whatever cart software they are using sorry.

OK thanks, worth asking anyway :)

Before I jump in and order one, a question - how easy is it to remove and reinstall? For example, if needing to lower the back seats for carrying a major load to the recycle centre, or transport Ikea boxes home, perish the thought.

Reactions: blert