Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Hands On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I swear I saw a picture of a Y with chrome handles the other day...
(maybe someone playing around)
thanks so much for this detailed upload - I had heard that there is an extra speaker in the door - and this may be one of several tweaks made from the M3 to enhance the Y...
the side by side pics are REALLY useful. - and love the Utah background!

Several pictures online still have the protective shipping film on the handles. Looks like chrome, but it's not.

Congrats on Model Y.

How is firmness of ride compared to Model 3?

BTW, I’m not knocking the Model Y but I just have this feeling it’s not going to outsell all other models as predicted. My guess is like 20% of sales will be Y.

OP is a perfect example he ordered in Jan and already go the car. Barely any back log.

The chatter on the Forums is nothing like what it was before Model 3 launch.

I think, for a CUV it’s still to expensive for average folks. What partly made a Model 3 a hit is it’s a “sports car” in reach for many younger folks. And the “first” affordable Tesla. CUV crowd are more practical and small families starting out. The Y is not the first affordable and it’s more than the 3.

No Tax break. Mentally it helped move the Model 3. Even though out of pocket today is the same or cheaper.

We’ll see, I could be wrong.