Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Insurance Cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats not bad at all. NJ here as well. What coverage limits? Also I tried plugging in a live VIN to allstate website and it won't accept it, tried a few. Did you call it in?

I called it in, and was for 250/500k with I believe a 1k deductible. Tbh I literally just gave my rep a call and gave the vin and she came back with a cost so i assume its similar to what i currently have on my current car.

I called it in, and was for 250/500k with I believe a 1k deductible. Tbh I literally just gave my rep a call and gave the vin and she came back with a cost so i assume its similar to what i currently have on my current car.

Gotcha, will try calling. I am also 34, great credit, clean record and am getting quotes in the 1200-1300 range for 6 months for similar coverage limits for the model Y... Geico, progressive, liberty mutual, etc.

I don't think anyone here has mentioned Costco and Ameriprise. I had them quote the Model Y and two additional vehicles. I'll definitely be moving all the cars over and getting out of Geico.

New quote $1300/6 months for three cars from Ameriprise. They didn't give me an itemized quote so I don't know the breakdown of each vehicle.
Geico I'm currently paying $750/6 months for two vehicles.

This was my quote from State Farm based on my VIN. This is the most expensive car to insure of anything I've owned, but we are only talking a few hundred more a year. Maybe $2k over the life of the car compared to say my 2018 BMW M40i or 2017 Camaro ZL1.

upload_2020-3-11_21-0-14.png

I figured i'd offer my experience. I'm in PA. I'm on "my parents" Liberty Mutual policy with my 2013 RAV4 paying $1,680.00/y just for my car's portion of the full coverage premium. I received my Model Y's VIN on 7/4/20 and schedule my pick up for my Y next weekend so i wanted to get it insured before pickup. I called Liberty Mutual and got "my own policy" just for the Y. They didn't have the VIN in there system but they spoke to the underwriter and got approval to proceed. I ended up getting about 20 times more coverage than i already had on the older RAV4 for a lower premium all by myself on my own policy... I was blown away! I signed for a $1,010.00/y premium, paying twice per year, $505.00 yesterday, and $505.00 in 6 months from now...

Reactions: pt19713