Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Long Range tire Upgrade? Size?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Stock Good Years just are not cutting it

Just hit 10K on my 2022 LR and i'm not liking the Ride quality, Very bumpy

I usually just have one person, sometimes two

No snow, some rain Mostly warm weather commute

Would like more comfort, better performance and some better rim protection

Saw that 255/45/20 was an option

Also saw some notes on 275/40/20 Is 275/45/20 and Option

Leaning toward Michelin pilot sport 4S

Thoughts?

• Funny
Reactions: GOVA and Noflash
You might try calling your local Discount Tires/America's Tire retailer. Discount Tires has been known to sell the Vredestein Quatrac Pro even if when this brand/model of tire is not advertised.
Discount Tire doesn’t have this brand in stock but I ended up finding them on Tire rack albeit for a size up at 275/40-R20 Vredestein Quatrac Pro

(although I would have preferred the 265 width).

Anyone know what could be average loss of range going for this bigger profile (possibly heavier) tire 🛞 with the MY LR?

255/45 R20 fits without any rubbing on my 22 MYLR w/ 20" induction wheels.

The extra sidewall definitely softens the ride a bit. The right tire will also provide some much needed rim protection.
Like your idea of going to a 255/45 R20 on my MYLY with inductions. Which 255/45 R20 tire did you use? I have to replace the stick Good Year Eagles...want smoother ride, thinking about either Michelin Pilot Sport 4S or All Season. Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Like your idea of going to a 255/45 R20 on my MYLY with inductions. Which 255/45 R20 tire did you use? I have to replace the stick Good Year Eagles...want smoother ride, thinking about either Michelin Pilot Sport 4S or All Season. Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

On the MY, I'm running Hankook Evo ION SUV in the summer and Goodyear Wintercommand Ultra in the winter.
I've also run and would recommend Continental Crosscontact RX, good tire, even though speed rating is lower.
With Michelin, would only consider if they on sale at Costco. The Pilots are a bit loud, and not as efficient as other options.
In fact, I would personally go with the MXM4 over the Pilots -- but my driving fits the grand touring style better.
If you are OK with loud, Continental DSW06 is a good all-year option.