Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR built in Giga Austin!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure about the carpeted liners, but my Austin-made LR does not have the Matrix headlights. It was built about six weeks ago. I do have the parcel shelf in the trunk. I also do not have the wood trim on the front doors. It seems like the lights and trim are exclusive to Fremont cars.
I don’t know how to tell about the Matrix lights & carpet but I got an Austin built with the wood panels & parcel shelf.

Reactions: DerbyCityY and KJD
As far as I know, current Austin builds come with new door trims but without Matrix headlights.
My car from Austin was delivered 4 weeks ago, unfortunately was delivered with the old door trims. From what I saw, the new door trims started to ship just a week after my delivery. I have sent request to Tesla service if they can replace the door trims to a newer one, because it's like unfair to have an older spec. They replied, that they put the trim based on the spec of the car at the time of order placed (November 2021), and is not eligible for change.

Come on now, be realistic

I have an Austin built MYLR scheduled for delivery the weekend of 10/22. Have there been any Austin MYLRs with Matrix headlights yet? I was really hoping mine would come with Matrix. Don't care so much about the parcel shelf as I could add that 3rd party later. My understanding is that you can not upgrade to matrix later.

I have an Austin built MYLR scheduled for delivery the weekend of 10/22. Have there been any Austin MYLRs with Matrix headlights yet? I was really hoping mine would come with Matrix. Don't care so much about the parcel shelf as I could add that 3rd party later. My understanding is that you can not upgrade to matrix later.
Most likely it will be without Matrix lights but with a new door trims

Reactions: ord3r
My Austin built didn’t come with Matrix lights. I received my MYLR 9/14/2022