Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dent/Scratch Under Lift Point? Is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have two Model Y’s…both are 2023 LR AWD. One is an Austin build and the other is a Fremont build.

I noticed under the lift points on the Austin build, there’s these little dent/scratch/imperfections under the lift points.

IMG_2966.jpeg
IMG_2968.jpeg

The Fremont build does not have these. I’m wondering if this vehicle was improperly lifted before taking delivery? Or if this is normal for the Austin builds and this occurs due to something in their manufacturing process.

Can anyone check their vehicle under the lift points and take a picture of what’s inside the little hole?

Thanks

I don't think you need to be concerned. The lift points won't be under any batteries. Think of them as "ears" attached to a rectangular box solely for the purpose of providing lift/structural support. Now, if the dent/hole damage was anywhere near the red glue point, I would be slightly concerned. Remember, the batter casing in Teslas are the strongest part of the vehicle. A tiny ding like this won't affect anything.

Reactions: ghsnick!
I don't think you need to be concerned. The lift points won't be under any batteries. Think of them as "ears" attached to a rectangular box solely for the purpose of providing lift/structural support. Now, if the dent/hole damage was anywhere near the red glue point, I would be slightly concerned. Remember, the batter casing in Teslas are the strongest part of the vehicle. A tiny ding like this won't affect anything.
I essentially have this tiny ding inside all 4 lift point holes on my Austin built Y. My Fremont Y doesn’t have these at all.

Can you or anyone else take a picture of theirs when you have a moment?
Can you help me out and take a picture when you have a moment?

There is no need for anyone to take pictures of their cars. This is normal and likely a result of the jig at the factory moving the car around. That's what those holes are for anyways. They also happen to be jack points that people made aftermarket pucks for, which go into the holes.

What's the problem or worry about anyways? The battery isn't there, so there's nothing to be concerned about.

Reactions: brkaus and N1L CO2
There is no need for anyone to take pictures of their cars. This is normal and likely a result of the jig at the factory moving the car around. That's what those holes are for anyways. They also happen to be jack points that people made aftermarket pucks for, which go into the holes.

What's the problem or worry about anyways? The battery isn't there, so there's nothing to be concerned about.
You’re sure the battery is not located underneath there?

IMG_3066.jpeg

The reason I was asking is one of my Y’s has them on all 4 lift points…my other Y doesn’t have them at any lift points. Both are Dec 2023 build…one is Austin and the other is Fremont.

I know they aren’t going to be exactly the same, but I was a little concerned due to the location.

Thanks again and sorry for all the questions.