Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR delays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a MYLR 2022 white ext/int, 19" with TOW no FSD demo with <50 km from Montreal available all of this morning now gone since I posted this. I check daily along with new order pages for investment metrics. I think buying from current inventory sure beats waiting 6-12 months. Look at my signature. Very happy with my inventory MY since AUG 2021.

Last edited:
I ordered my Model Y LR at the end of October. It is 5 seat, tow hitch, and Midnight silver metalic ($1K at the time but couple weeks later was free but price of vehicle went up too). First indicated April, then May delivery, then June-July, now it says mid July to Aug 21st! Do you really think Tesla will start installing the new 4680 batteries to those of us waiting for LR without asking for more $ for the additional range?

I ordered my Model Y LR at the end of October. It is 5 seat, tow hitch, and Midnight silver metalic ($1K at the time but couple weeks later was free but price of vehicle went up too). First indicated April, then May delivery, then June-July, now it says mid July to Aug 21st! Do you really think Tesla will start installing the new 4680 batteries to those of us waiting for LR without asking for more $ for the additional range?
I’m betting the range will be the same, the packs will be smaller.

Mine's the same exact specs, and I have had exactly the same experience with these delays!! The thing should have been here this month! I had it all planned out :mad:

Mine just got pushed back again…now indicates September-November! No way to trust it at all or that it may not be pushed back even more. Originally it was a 3 month wait, but a November EDD will put it at 13 months. Impossible to plan for it or when to sell my current vehicle. I have just received the back seat pet cover and the roof rack but no car to put them on. 🥺I ordered them because they run out, prices go up, and I thought EDD was getting close. Guess I jinxed myself.

Ordered on 10/13/21 MYLR white/white, 19" Gemini, 7 seats, tow. I just got my vin today and its from Fremont, CA. The last update I got said April 10. So I called Tesla and told them to release my vin # and I will wait for the next one. They said that it could be 2 weeks to 2 months. but i'm fine with that, I would rather a Texas Car.
(She said they are about 2 weeks from shipping Texas cars)