Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y -Music gets distorted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on here looking for a solution - I have a similar problem but mine relates to streaming apple music over bluetooth. I have tried with both an android and Iphone and the connection over BT is slow, choppy and distorted. I can play Apple Music fine through the built-in app but do not have premium connectivity and don't want to do the steps to reconnect my car to my hotspot everytime I want to use it. I thought it would be easier just to stream Apple Music via bluetooth...

Any ideas?

Reactions: Scubamikey
Upvote 0
I'm having what I think is a similar issue with my 2023 MYP on 2023.20.7. I can't play podcasts over bluetooth with my Iphone (IOS 16.5.1) because it plays super-slow and distorted. Streaming seems to play OK, but I noticed a similar odd distortion when I change channels.
Yep. Thats what i get. I’ve tried different apps and phones. I deleted the phone and re-paired but still no joy. I have made a service request with a video recording of what it sounds like. I didn’t think bluetooth could get delayed and slowed … i’ve never heard this before.

Upvote 0
Did you try Unpair, (from both car and phone) then double scroll reboot? The tech made it seem that my android device was the issue (i have an android and an iphone which have worked fine before my issues. I have not had a problem since the tech visit.

This solution seems like a temporary solution as the issue seems to come back every few days.

When the issue eventually comes back, I notice that my iPhone recognizes the Tesla as Beats earbuds, and it doesn’t give an option to correct it.

Attachments

• IMG_0229.png
    IMG_0229.png
    218.2 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0