Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Newbie

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I am a first time poster and I bought my MYLR (Model Y long range) early March of 2021. I notice acronyms are often used and hope I got this one right. I have been very pleased with the car and have had a lot of very positive comments about the great appearance of the red color. I have had at least four software updates since the purchase. I have noticed the following as a result of the updates. I no longer hear audio turn announcements. Is that normal and how do I get the audio back? On my Tesla app, I no longer get the offer to upgrade my 0-60 time by 1/2 second for $2000. Is that offer still available? Where should I safely engage the autopilot. I understand that this should only be done on freeways but I have also engaged it on some of the main side streets.

Welcome! Audio: is it possible you have the volume turned all the way down? Easy to do, adjust left scroll wheel when navigating to test. Or you may have to try a reboot like any computer - press and hold both scroll wheels when parked until the screen goes blank then release and try sound again.
As for performance boost it should be listed under upgrades in the app if available - I believe it still is. And as for auto pilot I would stick to the highways at least for a while until you get used to it - that's really the only place I use it.

Hope this helps - enjoy! :)

Hi Tessie,
Welcome. I got my MYLR (Red too) on 3/31. I haven't used the nav feature since returning from Yosemite a couple weeks ago and there has been 1-2 updates since then so I can't answer that question. The voice directions were working just fine then though.

I have the latest update on my car and the Tesla phone app still shows the $2k acceleration upgrade and the $10k full self driving option. It's my understanding that the current version of autopilot is for freeway use but I have to say my preference is just the basic adaptive cruise control which works wonderfully and I have used that in town sometimes.

A suggestion: If you can afford it, get the frontal surfaces covered in paint protection film. When the red paint chips from rocks hitting it, the underlying white is really noticeable.

Hello and welcome!

I had the same issue; before rebooting, I would check the simple stuff: when you hit the Navigate icon, the bar for address entry pops up. Right next to it is a gear icon. Click that and ensure the volume is not muted or X ed out. Mine was after a recent update and that resolved it for me.

As for the app, I had the same thing happen to me. Try force quitting the app and then opening it again.

Lastly, you have your full address listed in your bio. I would highly recommend you shorten that to just your city and state.

Best and safe driving!

Reactions: Gadget63