Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y OEM Roof Rack - Whistling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Been a member since my purchase of a MYP in 2022 and so far, the drive and everything about the Tesla has been great. I recently pulled the trigger on the Tesla OEM roof rack, and sad to report, it has been the most disappointing Tesla experience ever.

The install was simple. Once I had the roof rack installed, I suddenly noticed more wind noise and a very noticeable whistling at 50 mph and above. Strangely, when it rains, the whistling is faint/ almost nonexistent. Have any of you encountered this? Looking for some thoughts/solutions as I love having the roof rack on to distinguish my car among the 100+ MYP that I drive by daily, but the noise is a very distracting and annoying element.
Hey there. That's a bummer about the wind noise from the OEM roof rack. It's a drag when something meant to enhance the car ends up being a nuisance. Have you tried adjusting the rack to see if that changes the noise? Sometimes it's just a matter of getting a tighter fit or a different angle.

On another note, if you're open to alternatives, you might want to look into the Tesla Model Y roof rack from TESERY. It could be worth a shot to see if it offers a quieter ride. A few folks have mentioned they've had a better experience with it in terms of wind resistance and noise levels. Hope you find a solution that lets you keep that unique look without the whistle!

• Disagree
Reactions: Cyberdelia and ngng
Hey there. That's a bummer about the wind noise from the OEM roof rack. It's a drag when something meant to enhance the car ends up being a nuisance. Have you tried adjusting the rack to see if that changes the noise? Sometimes it's just a matter of getting a tighter fit or a different angle.

On another note, if you're open to alternatives, you might want to look into the Tesla Model Y roof rack from TESERY. It could be worth a shot to see if it offers a quieter ride. A few folks have mentioned they've had a better experience with it in terms of wind resistance and noise levels. Hope you find a solution that lets you keep that unique look without the whistle!

Another useless vendor post. I'm done with TMC.

Reactions: Cyberdelia