Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y or Used X?

Used model x or new Y

• Used X

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • New Y

Votes: 41 53.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
X also provides the amazing adaptive air suspension. Makes the ride so much better and more controlable with a heavy load.

Loading kid seats is lots easier with the Falcon Wing doors.

Secret plus is Fart Mode. The kids go simply nuts when it happens.

Bonus plus is showing off to your kids friends with the Christmas Light & Dancing Show.

• Love
Reactions: NaiWiste and P85_DA
X also provides the amazing adaptive air suspension. Makes the ride so much better and more controlable with a heavy load.

Loading kid seats is lots easier with the Falcon Wing doors.

Secret plus is Fart Mode. The kids go simply nuts when it happens.

Bonus plus is showing off to your kids friends with the Christmas Light & Dancing Show.

I am hoping for a Plaid-like version for the Model X or at least a Tri-motor option. If that is ever available, I will most likely sell or trade-in my Y. If you want close to the "Air suspension feel" for the Model Y, you have to purchase the Luxory Coilover Suspension kit from Unplugged Performance for $2500 + labor.

Tesla Model Y Luxury Coilover Suspension Kit by Unplugged Performance

Model X. Once Tesla puts in the 3rd row into the Y, there simply won't be any space left for anything larger than a diaper bag. It's tight in the 2nd row if you've got to fit 3 across and one of them is an adult. I'm on the fence and leaning toward the Y because the adult in question would be my mother-in-law...

What new tech? The non existent Dynamic Air Suspension? Smaller single screen? The slower performance numbers? The shorter range? The lower towing capacity? The noisier ride? The lack of Biodefense mode? The lack of extended warranty option? The list goes on and on.

I would agree with everything but the performance numbers. If you get the LR X vs the Y Performance, you'll find the Y is quicker. Given the number of kids, would never consider the Y though. I'm on the fence between the 2 myself.