Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much the performance version is better than the standard? My MYP arriving soon ….

Depends how you define 'better'. I've driven them both back to back several times (I own the MYSR and a family member has the MYP).

The interior is the same with all the usual Tesla quirks and eccentricities.
Acceleration is significantly faster in the MYP. The MYSR is a bit sluggish off the mark and can experience some wheelspin, the MYP removes that. It definitively doesn't have the same kick as the M3P though.
NVH is slightly worse. You get more transmission of road rumble on the larger rims of the MYP. And say a prayer if you ever hit a pothole with those low profile tyres...
'Self' driving is the same, I experienced the usual phantom braking with both of them.
Battery chemistry is very different between the two, the MYP doesn't tolerate full charges regularly. But it does store more energy.

All in all, its just a faster and more expensive MY

Last edited:
Thanks all for the feedback, I’m the first a few who receive vin, however for some reason my myp was loaded on to Enternal Ace which is currently just left Adelaide towards Auckland, I have own the MYSR for 4 month and 10000km before I sold it. I will update my comparison after delivery