Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Surprise for Wife

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cytrine

2023 MYP - Black - Black - Tow
Jan 15, 2023
Atlanta, GA
We previously had a 2019 model 3 rwd lease as our first electric car. We totally regret not buying it… the performance at that.

As Covid was hitting we did a lease transfer and moved out of country for a few years. Got back mid 2022, as a cybertruck reservation holder. Every time my wife sees a Tesla she sheds a little tear and hums this “poor me i want that” tune.

We talked about also getting a y performance but after they do the next major update. Since the price drop last week i decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. I have a gut feeling they will jack prices back up and release some major updates later this year, we’ll see.

In the meantime she doesn’t know but i ordered a 2023 MYP on Jan 13th. Just got notification today to schedule pickup. Scheduled next Tuesday the 31st. At the moment my plan is to take her to “lunch” near the local Tesla store, drive by and say “ohh look let’s drive through and admire the Tesla’s, see ours and comment how cool it looks… then open my phone and show her the app with scheduled pickup…surprise” lol

At least that’s the thought unless i can come up with something better before then. 😂

For those that will ask, was an inventory model that has the options i was looking for but still had to be transported here from who knows where. Only options are black color and tow hitch. 18 days from order to pick up.

On a side note, in order to put her name on it i had to look through google photos on my computer and get pictures of her drivers license, front and side profile pics ready to show the app using selfie cam but looking at my computer monitor lol

Then i setup a temporary email alias in my company for her in order to route the welcome email and order communication and follow on steps to take on her side 😂

We previously had a 2019 model 3 rwd lease as our first electric car. We totally regret not buying it… the performance at that.

As Covid was hitting we did a lease transfer and moved out of country for a few years. Got back mid 2022, as a cybertruck reservation holder. Every time my wife sees a Tesla she sheds a little tear and hums this “poor me i want that” tune.

We talked about also getting a y performance but after they do the next major update. Since the price drop last week i decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. I have a gut feeling they will jack prices back up and release some major updates later this year, we’ll see.

In the meantime she doesn’t know but i ordered a 2023 MYP on Jan 13th. Just got notification today to schedule pickup. Scheduled next Tuesday the 31st. At the moment my plan is to take her to “lunch” near the local Tesla store, drive by and say “ohh look let’s drive through and admire the Tesla’s, see ours and comment how cool it looks… then open my phone and show her the app with scheduled pickup…surprise” lol

At least that’s the thought unless i can come up with something better before then. 😂

For those that will ask, was an inventory model that has the options i was looking for but still had to be transported here from who knows where. Only options are black color and tow hitch. 18 days from order to pick up.
Congrats. I’m curious how you know it’s an inventory model? Did you order it that way or did you order custom? Curious because I order the exact same spec. Due in 2/1.

Congrats. I’m curious how you know it’s an inventory model? Did you order it that way or did you order custom? Curious because I order the exact same spec. Due in 2/1.
I chose the “early delivery options” and happened to find one with the specs i was looking for that said available for local delivery. It ended up not being at the local store but i guess close enough that they didn’t charge me extra.

The only thing thats missing is the big red bow on it, from the commercials (lol). I actually had a BMW dealer throw one of those big red bows on top of my wifes ordered X3 M40 when we got it in 2019, and we took a pick with us and the car in the showroom.
It's the Lexus December to Remember Sales Event!!! 😁

I chose the “early delivery options” and happened to find one with the specs i was looking for that said available for local delivery. It ended up not being at the local store but i guess close enough that they didn’t charge me extra.
OK thanks. I ordered the same for my wife MYP black/black/hitch. Custom ordered on 1/15 due in 2/1-12. Should be one sweet ride for the wifies.

• Funny
Reactions: Cytrine
Awesome plan. The model Y IMHO is so much more of a car than the model 3. She will be well pleased. Not sure where the ride comfort is with the new models but our 2020 is a little rough around the edges. I like it but my wife don't though she's spoiled driving our 2018 Model X. Now, if your previous model 3 RWD was a long range, what an awesome unicorn of a car it was. When we were obtaining service on the MX, we were given a loaner M3. When my wife was following me back to the house, she was mentioning to me how it was driving very different and check the tires because they are making some noise. When we got home after pickup, I checked out the tires and they looked new. Took it for a drive and immediately knew what was going on. Being a RWD it felt very lively and so much fun to drive. The chirping was due to well, it's was a RWD with a bit of power. I'm still looking for one.

Awesome plan. The model Y IMHO is so much more of a car than the model 3. She will be well pleased. Not sure where the ride comfort is with the new models but our 2020 is a little rough around the edges. I like it but my wife don't though she's spoiled driving our 2018 Model X. Now, if your previous model 3 RWD was a long range, what an awesome unicorn of a car it was. When we were obtaining service on the MX, we were given a loaner M3. When my wife was following me back to the house, she was mentioning to me how it was driving very different and check the tires because they are making some noise. When we got home after pickup, I checked out the tires and they looked new. Took it for a drive and immediately knew what was going on. Being a RWD it felt very lively and so much fun to drive. The chirping was due to well, it's was a RWD with a bit of power. I'm still looking for one.
lol yeah i haven’t driven an awd Tesla yes… we’ll except a friends older S. I might still have the guys contact info if you want me to see if he still has it 😅 was in the Atlanta area

Already ordered rear cargo cover, only one review so a little risky but hey its amazon so easy to return if necessary…

JOYTUTUS Trunk Mat Cargo Liner for Dog Compatible with Model Y, Waterproof Dog Car Seat Covers Protector All-Weather Pet Rear Trunk Cover fits Model Y 2023 2022 2021 2020 - 5 Seater https://a.co/d/bz5m2wm

Tesla just called. Car is in, passed inspection, however, there is a chip in the front fender and they can’t fix it for 2 to 3 weeks.

The lady was very nice, they are going to put touchup paint on it for the moment and schedule me to drop it off when they are ready. Going to drive by this evening to see if it’s sitting outside in the meantime, to see how bad it is

• Disagree
Reactions: QuadB