Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance wheel change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been pouring over posts on this for a while. From what I can make out, it’s truly a combination. There are a number of MYP posts about 19” Martian and TSportline wheels giving equal to slightly worse efficiency than 21” Uberturbines despite significant unsprung weight savings. This indicates that, while big and heavy, the Uberturbines make up for it vs Martian and TSportline in their shape.

Given GrandEnigma’s results, I’d propose that Gemini-type wheels with covers are lighter but benefit from more efficient design to increase efficiency. Also, believe GrandEnigma is a MYP.

Correct, '22 MYP (Ryzen) which definitely has worse vampire drain then my '20 MYLR.

Curious to see what a year of driving brings for efficiency as right now I only have February to present.

My MYP came with the A/S tires, sold the complete set for $2,800 locally on FB Market here in NJ.

Got a set of Fast Wheels EV01(+) as I wanted something flow forged, hubcentric and aero. They have a number of other wheels as well. Paired them with Michelin ExtremeContact DSW 06+ tires and TMPS sensors from Tesla.

My motivation to ditch the 21s was for improved efficiency and ride quality as the roads are trash in much of NJ.
Sorry to revive old thread, did you get 8.5 or 9.5 width?

Reactions: Msicario