Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Wheel Specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently picked up our MYP and have questions on a tire setup and rim specs and looking to get a winter set of wheels but am finding conflicting information relating to specs/possibilities.

Questions:
1. Can a 19x9.5 fit on a performance model?​
2. Is the Hub Bore 66.1 or 64.1​
3. How important is the wheel offset to match factory?​
4. Any recommendations for a winter setup w/ 19" (specifically rims) without killing the bank?​

Appreciate any and all feedback with first hand experiences/insight.

Reactions: VAtoMN
What was the end result? I'm in the same exact boat and want to know what rims to buy online. I keep hearing about "make sure your rims will fit the performance calipers" so im not sure what to go with

Gemini's fits without any issue. I even put 255/50 R19 instate of 255/45 R19's

IMG_8416.jpeg

I'm picking up a new 23' MYP this week and I found some new 20’’ Überturbine Wheels that came off a 23' M3P. I was thinking of mounting my existing 255/40R-20 Vredestein Wintrac Pro XL onto the M3P wheels and use that as my winter setup. Does anyone know if this will work? Do I need spacers or different lugs?

Thanks!

I'm picking up a new 23' MYP this week and I found some new 20’’ Überturbine Wheels that came off a 23' M3P. I was thinking of mounting my existing 255/40R-20 Vredestein Wintrac Pro XL onto the M3P wheels and use that as my winter setup. Does anyone know if this will work? Do I need spacers or different lugs?

Thanks!
They will work and will look great. The MYP should have come with the 20’s IMHO.

the steering response is not the same. with the 21's is nice and direct. with the 19' s the car is a little loose on it's wheels, the steering takes a little longer for the car to response

I‘d describe it the exact same way. The factory 21” Pirellis have an aggressive steering feel that the taller sidewalls on the 19’s can’t match. For some reason, my 19’s don’t “chase” ruts and grooves in the pavement like the 21’s do. I’d be curious how much of that is all-season tread design compared to the summer performance tires on the 21’s, but I have a ways to go before I wear either of them out.

What do you mean by not as direct as it was before?
To expand on what the other person said, you can think of it like this. When you turn your steering wheel, you're turning the wheels and not the tires. You need the tires to turn before your car actually responds. And tires with taller sidewalls will, all else being equal, take longer to respond.

Similarly, anything that hits the tires (e.g. pot holes) will be absorbed by the tires, and effects of the impact would not translate as directly up into the chassis with taller sidewall tires. That's one reason why comfort and responsiveness are almost always inversely related, all else being equal.