Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y price reduced by $1k

Janeh

Feb 24, 2021
I took dlvry about 9 days ago & saw the price reduction for Model Y, will Tesla do any refund for this price adjustment after
taking dlvry? Kinda bum/sad - shouldve waited.

CapeOne

Jun 14, 2016
New England
Another way to look at it: if Tesla had raised the price by $1000 nine days after you purchased your car, would you offer to pay them the extra grand? My advice, enjoy your sweet new ride and don’t worry about changes from this point forward....
I agree that people should just enjoy their car and not worry about every little price adjustment going forward. Prices changes, rebates/incentives come and go, etc. However, it wouldn't be unprecedented for Tesla to offer a refund. Back in 2018 when Tesla made the $5k Performance Upgrade Package standard on the M3P, they gave a $5k refund to buyers who had previously taken delivery at the higher price. Unfortunately, those who had gotten a M3P without the PUP missed out on the "free" package.

• Informative
Reactions: MJP.P3D-

Midnightsun

Nov 29, 2020
Canada
I purchased my car last fall, there was a $3,000 reduction not long before I pulled the trigger. Bottom line is there have been 2 price reductions for the LR y so far. The very well may drop it again and again to the point it becomes the $25,000 Tesla Elon speaks of. :D

Ejl80

Dec 23, 2017
Nj
I purchased my car last fall, there was a $3,000 reduction not long before I pulled the trigger. Bottom line is there have been 2 price reductions for the LR y so far. The very well may drop it again and again to the point it becomes the $25,000 Tesla Elon speaks of. :D
I'm going to guess thats a completely different model ;) Especially in Canadian rubles.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC