Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JHH123

Dec 26, 2021
UK
I have a Model Y long range on order. Can any one tell me when it is charged to 100% what range shows on the computer please.
When I bought my Model X 4 years ago it said that the range was 256 but I have never had more than 205 show on the dash and so I would like to know what the Y says.
many thanks
JH

My 10 month old Model Y LR shows 305-310 miles on the range. I'm not sure if that relates to the fact that I have a bike rack on the back or if it's just battery wear. I stopped caring about range after a while and just rely on the computer to tell me when to stop.

Reactions: mdsco
Unless you drive at 45-55mph and accelerate gently, you will likely never see 300 miles.
Over the last 18 months & 34K miles, I'm averaging about 80% EPA efficiency and my battery has degraded about 10%.
Right now my 100%=280mi EPA, about 224mi in real life.

Unless you drive at 45-55mph and accelerate gently, you will likely never see 300 miles.
Over the last 18 months & 34K miles, I'm averaging about 80% EPA efficiency and my battery has degraded about 10%.
Right now my 100%=280mi EPA, about 224mi in real life.
Are you charging to 100% every day? 10% battery degradation in 18 months is unusually high unless the battery is under a lot of stress. I’m a Model X owner and I’ve lost about 2% over 4.5 years of ownership (I charge to 80% daily).

Reactions: preilly44