Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y recent damage under car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need some help from some fellow Model Y help.

I recently tried to avoid an accident and swirved to miss the car. Missed the car but ended up running off the road. Car is in a Tesla recommended collision repair center.

My question is, what do you guys think about under siege/battery compartment damage? I looked at the bottom of the car, and around the passenger seat…there is a 1’x1’ dent upwards. I assume that isn’t normal.
‘it’s not too deep, and when the repairs are done I want to reinspect that hopefully ask them about it. I don’t want them to say it’s ok…but in my mind any dent on the battery pack would be a big concern.

I hope I’m not coming off as a crazy tesla owner….but I just wanted to see if anyone has an opinion.

Red circle area is where the damage is on my car, photo is not my car.

Attachments

• E39305FB-8E45-4199-A700-9F860DDC78E8.jpeg
    E39305FB-8E45-4199-A700-9F860DDC78E8.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 196
The problem is, neither you, nor I, nor most, if not all members here are Tesla techs.

So, if a Tesla tech says it’s okay, on what basis do you have to counter that? Are you an engineer in a very closely related field of battery tech…?

You’ve quite clearly made it known now, that you will refuse to accept anything they say, short of “short of battery needs replacing.”

The issue with them replacing the battery is, it’s a waste of time and effort if the battery is fine. Additionally, YOU or your insurance (which will likely just swing back to you) will have to foot the bill (whether it’s bad or you “force” them to do it when it’s good). This is not a warranty issue but an accident.

On a side note, why would you think they’d say it’s okay, if it isn’t? That’s a HUGE liability for Tesla, one they don’t need. It’s one thing if it gets damage and catches fire there and then, but it’s another if they inspect it, claim it’s good when it isn’t and an issue pops up because if it.

Last edited: