Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD - Full battery only 389 km ?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I have had my brand new Model Y RWD for 1 month and when charged the battery indicator says exactly the same:
100% = 389 km
I asked Tesla support, which just replied with a link their help page on batteries, not an answer that related to my question, why is 100% = 389 km, which I think is much too far from what a reasonable range should be?

What my actual range is I don't know, would be nice if it was higher than the 389, but it still does no answer the question, then why is the estimate that low?

I just don't understand why its advertised with a range of 267 but when you actually get one it says on the screen max charge 242 miles. I was told by Tesla that once I had my home charger fitted and used it this figure would change once my battery has calibrated , its been 2 weeks now and 900 miles , still says max charge 242 miles

I bought a Model Y, 2 weeks ago in Netherlands and charged it twice to 100% and mine shows - 418 Km as well when fully charged, I believe this is correct and the WLTP range of 455KM on tesla website takes regenerative batter into account, So if you drive approx 420 KM you will regenerate about 30-35KM of extra range.
Ii'm driving a m y rwd in the netherlands too, what's your rmaximum range? Wlpt 455, disay shows 418. No mountains, summertime,? Iwhen i drive like my grandmother in chill mode mixed trafic (in town slow and highway max 100km/h. Ii don't get more then 375km (car says 140wh/km)

Hi also have new model showing 418k each time I charge it, last trip I done 368k 125 Wh/km with 8% left and 46 kWh used. how does that look to all of you

Attachments

• IMG_0816.jpeg
    IMG_0816.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 120
Hi. I have exactly the same query as kw123rdy with exactly the same data showing on the screen 242 miles always at 100% charge. Thought 267 miles should be showing. Car is only a month old with 600 miles. Sentry mode is never on as per someone mentioning not having that on for calibration purposes. The car was delivered with 242 miles on screen too at 100% so I don't think it going to go up. If anything it's gone down by 2 miles today yo 240 miles!! Any thoughts out there?

As per title, I have a brand new Model Y RWD that should be 455 km and, considering the 20" wheels, should be about 420 km range.
However ... full charge indicates 389 km, after about 2000 km being already run (waiting for any possible initial "tuning" of the battery... that seem to be not the case).

Any one with such low numbers?

About to ask for "assistance" but it will require me to go a lot far from home, since in Ticino no assistance points are present :-(
I'm having the same problem. I'm in contact with the company in UAE-Dubai to see what can be done. The car MUST have at least 430km on 20' rims. AC, radio, and other devices could drain the battery starting 430km and not 389km. The ads and Tesla website are very clear with these details, RWD with 20'rims, SHOULD provide a range of 430km and show it on the screen as well when the battery is full.

Attachments

• TESLA RWD RANGE.jpg
    TESLA RWD RANGE.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 57
I'm having the same problem. I'm in contact with the company in UAE-Dubai to see what can be done. The car MUST have at least 430km on 20' rims. AC, radio, and other devices could drain the battery starting 430km and not 389km. The ads and Tesla website are very clear with these details, RWD with 20'rims, SHOULD provide a range of 430km and show it on the screen as well when the battery is full.

Attachments

• TESLA RWD RANGE.jpg
    TESLA RWD RANGE.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 63
As per title, I have a brand new Model Y RWD that should be 455 km and, considering the 20" wheels, should be about 420 km range.
However ... full charge indicates 389 km, after about 2000 km being already run (waiting for any possible initial "tuning" of the battery... that seem to be not the case).

Any one with such low numbers?

About to ask for "assistance" but it will require me to go a lot far from home, since in Ticino no assistance points are present :-(
Mine has gone 10k so far and shows a range at 100% of 433km.