Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Seats Down Passenger Sensor Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't find this issue posted anywhere else so I'm wondering if this is a one off (hard to tell with all the Y issues).

Whenever I lay the seats down (with anything on top of them or not) the seatbelt sensor goes off. While not a huge issue, it can be crazy annoying with the bottom part of the passenger/seatbelt warning screen. If you want to watch your efficiency or tire pressure it'll force flip back to the seatbelt warning screen.

Image attached showing the trunk and what the screen looks like.

If anyone else has had this issue, did they get it resolved? Possible engineering problem?

Attachments

• IMG_2039.jpeg
    IMG_2039.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2040.jpeg
    IMG_2040.jpeg
    367.7 KB · Views: 132
I noticed the same thing when my 6 pound puppy was in the back seat pawing at the towels I have down trying to make it comfortable. The red seat belt sensor would flash on and off every once in a while. We weren't even driving yet. Once she settled down, no warnings or issues.

Yeah, the sensor is VERY sensitive. I found that passengers sitting in the back, not using the arm rest, that even place thier hand on the center seat triggers it. I cant guess at the amount of pressure they are exerting, but I sat back there and tried it and it had to have been less than a few pounds of force.

I would easily see that the seats would trigger it. Maybe a software update will adjust it.
Glad to know about tapping the icon though. I didnt know that.

Where's the car seat setting? I don't think I've seen that in the menus? My daughter's booster seat sometimes applies a little pressure to the center seat and sets off the seatbelt warning.
Yeah, I dont know of that setting either. I am interested as well. Not because I have kids small enough, but because of people resting their hands on the seat to look out the beautiful front windshield.