Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Ski Sock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We do a lot of skiing and I prefer to carry our skis inside the car than have a rack or roof box. The Y has a great pass through in the form of the middle seat coming down but I was a bit concerned about wear and tear from our ski edges scratching things up over time. I happen to dabble in sewing terrible backpacks and decided to make a custom ski sock to solve that.

It can fit 200+cm skis and they slide in super easy as the ripstop is a nice gliding surface. The bottom and sides are sandwiches of 420D ripstop around a rubberized carpet mat filling for protection. I used velcro to keep the sides up and anchor the bottom. We'll see how it goes long term but so far seems pretty ideal.

Maybe this will inspire some 3rd party accessory maker to make these!

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 1.46.30 PM (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 1.46.30 PM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 1.46.30 PM.jpeg

@nicpottier how did this work for you last season? I’m looking for a way to secure my skis and prevent them from damaging seat backs. Also, what trunk mat is that? Thanks.
Worked great, will do the same this year.

That's the Tesmanian mat. I like it but don't have anything to compare it to. I do think I'm going to get the front seat versions though. The Taptes ones don't cover as much as I'd like.

I've done three sets of varying length, pretty sure four would fit, especially if they weren't all the same size where the tips might interfere. I fit my 188 downhill skis and 200cm XC skis no problem on the length front. The sock extends right to the console, so it basically that length in total.