Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Software Updates 2021.32.21 (Oct 1, 2021)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my Model 3 SR+ (which doesn't have the premium audio) the immersive sound options went from "On/Off" to having 3 settings plus "Auto". I set it to Auto and there might be a slight improvement in the clarity of the high end compared to before when it was set to On. I haven't noticed any difference in the MY LR, but didn't switch it to Auto yet.

Upvote 0
I did notice a change in sound but it's not by much mostly on the voices.

But what I noticed is that it's twice now since the update that I had to "reboot" my car after this update. Once the day after when clicking on the battery icon the toggle from % to km was not changing, my cell signal was on 3g when I know I have LTE in my area and the Bluetooth was stuck on initialising.

Upvote 0
Yes, and it messes with my head.

It takes certain sounds and pushes them to the back corners of the car. The other day I thought I had run over something with my rear passenger tire, but it was just some obscure clapping in the song that it had routed to the rear passenger speaker.
I think my Y is like this too. I always listen to my local news on my way to work. After the update, I need to turn the volume up a bit in order to hear it.
Even music. I need to turn the volume up to almost half bar in order to reach where it was 1/4 the bar before the update. I tried auto and standard but noticed no difference.

Upvote 0
I don't notice any different from the sound system, but i noticed 2 things different comparing to the old software. First,my car consumes more battery while parked ( at home or at work). I lose 1% or 2% in 4 hours. Second thing,the braking in AP mode is less aggressive and i love that.

Reactions: Airforcebj
Upvote 0
Funny how they give you an update that almost no one notices any difference with, instead of adding the things
that should have been on the car to begin with. Like blind spot monitoring, 360 camera, front camera, garage door opener, etc.
Uhh...ALL of the things you keep slamming Tesla for not having are hardware updates, not software. If you need all of those things included in your car, you bought the wrong car.

Reactions: mrwug
Upvote 0
Uhh...ALL of the things you keep slamming Tesla for not having are hardware updates, not software. If you need all of those things included in your car, you bought the wrong car.
Truth be told, I sold the car with all those features to buy the Tesla!!
I sold my 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD that had all those features, plus XM radio,
and actual operating moon roof with a shade, and front camera + 360 camera, plus a twin turbo 365 horse motor.
I just like updating and trying different cars about every 2 years. Also, at my advanced age (74), I was finding it more
difficult entering and exiting the car due to its low stance.
At this point, if I do decide to replace my MY it won't be with another Tesla.
Maybe electric, maybe not, but it will sure have all the features I'm now missing.
I'm enjoying my MY but feel Elon is taking advantage of all of us due to lack of competition in the marketplace.
That will soon change.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With 32.21, I've noticed the the regenerative braking has been reduced. It doesn't slow the car as fast, and takes a long distance to stop. This is during good temperatures with no 'reduced regenerative breaking' messages or dots on the 'energy bar'. I drive the same route 3-5 times per week and have always used the same amount of regen braking to stop, and now in each spot I have to supplement with the physical brakes.

Upvote 0
Here’s one place

Thanks! Although I don't see my software version under the Software Update History tab, I do like the other tabs (i.e. Tesla Voice Commands). I guess my software version doesn't have the option to turn off side mirror dimming - want to turn it off because I just tinted my windows and the mirrors are a bit too dim at night.

Upvote 0
With 32.21, I've noticed the the regenerative braking has been reduced. It doesn't slow the car as fast, and takes a long distance to stop. This is during good temperatures with no 'reduced regenerative breaking' messages or dots on the 'energy bar'. I drive the same route 3-5 times per week and have always used the same amount of regen braking to stop, and now in each spot I have to supplement with the physical brakes.
What do those energy dots mean? I know if battery is %95-100 , it says no regen braking, but what do they mean if they pop up when my battery is %75?

Upvote 0