Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y specs updated today. LR 53LBs lighter. P 18lbs lighter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s interesting is Tesla could shave off 40lbs easily by modifying the Uberturbines slightly and reduce their enormous weight. Ie. 10 lbs per wheel. They are the boat anchor in an otherwise strong chassis and handling car. Didn’t say they don’t look amazing lol..just stupid heavy.

Reactions: Gaige and Daekwan
What’s interesting is Tesla could shave off 40lbs easily by modifying the Uberturbines slightly and reduce their enormous weight. Ie. 10 lbs per wheel. They are the boat anchor in an otherwise strong chassis and handling car. Didn’t say they don’t look amazing lol..just stupid heavy.
Now if only they could nail the suspension, so you didn't feel every single crack in the road. The Model Y has a massive issue with dampening that Tesla needs to address. Fingers crossed they do with the Model Y coming out of Texas. That would be the only thing holding me back from getting another Model Y. There also doesn't seem to be a lot of body control.

Now if only they could nail the suspension, so you didn't feel every single crack in the road. The Model Y has a massive issue with dampening that Tesla needs to address. Fingers crossed they do with the Model Y coming out of Texas. That would be the only thing holding me back from getting another Model Y. There also doesn't seem to be a lot of body control.
100% agree on both points. There is a thread now with some owners reporting a smoother ride with recent 2022 builds..could be anecdotal at this point but a few have reported in mow 🤷🏽‍♂️

As for body roll, which version are you referring to? SR, LR or P? I had a 21’ LR around October and it felt as would most SUV’s but handled better than the typical boaty Lexus, Hyundai. To me felt more planted like a bmw. I was running 21” Ubers on my model so can’t speak to the 19” geminis nor 20” indications.

100% agree on both points. There is a thread now with some owners reporting a smoother ride with recent 2022 builds..could be anecdotal at this point but a few have reported in mow 🤷🏽‍♂️

As for body roll, which version are you referring to? SR, LR or P? I had a 21’ LR around October and it felt as would most SUV’s but handled better than the typical boaty Lexus, Hyundai. To me felt more planted like a bmw. I was running 21” Ubers on my model so can’t speak to the 19” geminis nor 20” indications.
I didn't know that. Here's hoping we see air suspension on the Model 3/Y soon. I have an LR on the 20" Inductions.

Reactions: Oil Freedom