Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y spoiler replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had mine replaced 3 times and every time one end starts releasing... it has to be not molded correctly to the shape fo the car.. this is totally frustrating that we cant get a crappy fin to hold...other cars have no issues....
Agree, how hard is it to mold a spoiler? I had my vehicle done in xpel stealth and on the 3rd install they installed it above the cut line so now I have a small sliver of different color.

I've been thinking about three unplugged performance spoiler that was just released, it's pricey, but it's supposed to actually improve efficiency a bit. It's not just for looks, the numbers on their model 3 spoilers are pretty impressive.

High-Efficiency Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler For Tesla Model Y
I know my car isn’t a Y but my front lip gained me 10 wh/mi back and the rear spoiler gained me 15 wh/mi back. They don’t lie about their results.
943BFF90-308C-4592-98E5-6B40E8A2BBF1.jpeg

I'm going to be on my 3rd spoiler replacement. Anyone having the same issues? Is there a better option?

if the sides keeps lifting, it could mean the spoiler is warped or not shaped correctly. I have the RPM Tesla spoiler. The first one I got, doing a dry fit (test install on the trunk with no tape) there is a noticeable gap on one side. If it was a good spoiler, when I lay it on the trunk, it should be flush one both sides. I don't think there are any tape strong enough bend the side to fit flush and hold it in place. The second spoiler I got from them did not have these issues. I did noticed that the showroom teslas had the same issues with the sides lifting as well..it was lifting worst than the first one I got from RPM Tesla.

If you read on FB and the forums... RPM tesla are crooks and the products are very subpar.

My experience with RPM Tesla was pretty good....but I am local to them so I am not sure if that is a factor or not.

I am thinking to buy the RPMTesla version. I heard it is identical to OEM.

I would not say they are 100% identical but I think they are pretty close. Check out imgur.com. The blue MY is OEM and the white MY is mine with RPM Tesla

Last edited: