Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay so DO NOT buy Hydratase spoiler. Its cheap. And thats it. Fitment is horrible on the edges. I even bought 3M extra strength double sided tape, both edges just wont stay on unless you use silicone type of adhesive and thats no no for me. And it is hydro dipped carbon, not an actual carbon fiber. Picture on their website is false advertising as it looked like real CF. Going to give to my kid and tell him its CF toy samurai sword

I'm gonna go off on a limb here and say that I personally know some of the guys over at Hydratase, and so far (despite my bias), I've been pretty satisfied. Don't bash on me plz.... but the spoiler you're referring to here clearly says in the description that its ABS plastic, which led me to assume it's not real CF. For that reason, I didn't order it. The pictures show an ABS looking spoiler so not sure how that's false advertising.... but I'll mention it to my guy anyway.

Personally I don't have the one you're talking about, so I can't comment about its quality other than spotlight that it is indeed ABS as stated. I currently have their GENUINE carbon fiber spoiler installed (~$300) and the fit is perfect without any flaws. 3M tape is strong and firm, but I also don't have clear bra on my Y. See my photo.

I'll attach the 2 links here to show the difference:

their ABS CF one:
*NEW* Carbon Fiber Sport Spoiler for Tesla Model Y 2020

Real CF:
*NEW* Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler for Tesla Model Y 2020-21

spoiler.JPG