Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y SR RWD available to order for $56,290

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the current USD/CAD exchange rate was taken into account when determining the price.

On the other hand. the price of the 3 SR+ still hasn't been adjusted for the rise of the Canadian dollar, so the difference in price between the base Y and 3 models is lower in Canada than in the USA.

I was just coming here to comment on this. I hope the exchange price for the Dual Motor and Performance is adjusted to reflect the same rate they used on the SR Y. As well as all the other cars/trims as well.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3 and McFlurri
I was just coming here to comment on this. I hope the exchange price for the Dual Motor and Performance is adjusted to reflect the same rate they used on the SR Y. As well as all the other cars/trims as well.

I think that Tesla took more risk on the exchange rate on the SR Y to be able to get it in under the $55,000 rebate limit. I would not expect the pricing of the other models to change.

Reactions: corlaandstan
I suspect that the 7 seat configuration is going to be very similar to the Prius Plus Wagon which also has a 7 seat option. With that one, you technically has no space in the third row. you need to donate space from the second row + the front row donation. However, you can adjust the second row's seats individually. I think that this might work for short trips even with an adult at the back. You just have to pray for no crash or the driver, second and third row occupants will be crushed. Long story short, still praying for the day when there is no more complain of Model Y issues for at least a year.

A separate question, I’d like to get an idea of the real world range impact of coming from a LR RWD model 3 (no heat pump) with significant battery degradation from the start.

Any ball park numbers that would help with this?
Ex, no heat pump = 40% range loss in -30C
With heat pump = 20% range loss in -30C

This would help me make the decision to downgrade from my 500km rated 3 LR to this 393km rated Y SR with extra space and improved battery management tech.

A separate question, I’d like to get an idea of the real world range impact of coming from a LR RWD model 3 (no heat pump) with significant battery degradation from the start.

Any ball park numbers that would help with this?
Ex, no heat pump = 40% range loss in -30C
With heat pump = 20% range loss in -30C

This would help me make the decision to downgrade from my 500km rated 3 LR to this 393km rated Y SR with extra space and improved battery management tech.
Some are now saying with heat pump, there's no heat when it's cold outside...

Some are now saying with heat pump, there's no heat when it's cold outside...

Guys, you need to watch Bjorn Nyland on youtube. He just made a few of cold weather video with new Tesla Model 3. I think that one is concluding that the Heater is super efficient in cold driving. The only thing between the wallet and a Tesla is their quality crapshoot.

Last edited:
Guys, you need to watch Bjorn Nyland on youtube. He just made a few of cold weather video with new Tesla Model 3. I think that one is concluding that the Heater is super efficient in cold driving. The only thing between the wallet and a Tesla is their quality crapshoot.
I watched that a few days ago. Very interesting to see how the new Octovalve works in transferring the heat stored in the battery to heating the cabin now. Wish we had some way of insulating the bottom of the battery for the winter....