Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Standard Range Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who all is taking delivery this weekend? I have seen a few people mention it, so please post your impressions and upgrades your receive. I am scheduled to take delivery in a week so I am anxious to see what I need to look out for!

Reactions: ratsbew
Tesla dropped off my SR MY on Thursday. First impressions are pretty good. No noticeable panel gaps, shoddy paint work, or loose panels/rattle. Ride quality feels nice- decently firm and sporty. That being said, I’m used to a tighter ride, and it’s quite a bit smoother than my GTI.

It has some of the expected upgrades like premium audio, usb in glove, heated steering wheel, and double pane windows. No updated center panel, headlights, or door panels though.

Tesla dropped off my SR MY on Thursday. First impressions are pretty good. No noticeable panel gaps, shoddy paint work, or loose panels/rattle. Ride quality feels nice- decently firm and sporty. That being said, I’m used to a tighter ride, and it’s quite a bit smoother than my GTI.

It has some of the expected upgrades like premium audio, usb in glove, heated steering wheel, and double pane windows. No updated center panel, headlights, or door panels though.

Thanks clubbify. That is all good info. Glad it has usb in glove, heated steering wheel and the front double pane windows. i can live without the other stuff. Looks like i wont pick up an MY this weekend, Tesla just phoned to officially take away the VIN in my account due to paperwork problems with my trade-in. I hope to get that all straightened out this week, but who knows.

Thanks clubbify. That is all good info. Glad it has usb in glove, heated steering wheel and the front double pane windows. i can live without the other stuff. Looks like i wont pick up an MY this weekend, Tesla just phoned to officially take away the VIN in my account due to paperwork problems with my trade-in. I hope to get that all straightened out this week, but who knows.

Is your trade in a Tesla? Anything unexpected happening with the process?

I’m planning to trade my ‘18 M3 RWD LR for a ‘21 MY. I’ve just about convinced myself to go with the SR instead of LR and am looking to hear everyone’s impressions.

Reactions: PearlShark
I am allegedly picking up mine tomorrow.

I picked mine up today and it was just about perfect except for slightly misaligned headlights and a bit of carpeting not tucked properly under the front passenger seat. I was so pleasantly surprised given the amount of bad cars being delivered on the forums. Ah - also I don’t seem to have the issue with the side mirrors being limited vertically. And I have the heated steering wheel though I can’t see myself ever needing it. No upgraded console or headlights.

I think the premium sound system sounds great but I don’t know anything about good sound. I definitely think it sounds better than the partial premium sound in my wife’s model 3 SR+ though.

I still plan on running some range tests and trying to get some consumption numbers. They looked pretty good driving back from Santa Barbara but I wasn’t running the HVAC. Also it looks like the rated wh/mile is 229 but that was me just eyeballing the line, I could be wrong.

it’s plenty fast for my tastes even with only one motor and weighing more than the model 3. Overall I am very happy with it so far, been waiting a full year at this point to buy a Y. Huzzah!

I picked mine up today and it was just about perfect except for slightly misaligned headlights and a bit of carpeting not tucked properly under the front passenger seat. I was so pleasantly surprised given the amount of bad cars being delivered on the forums. Ah - also I don’t seem to have the issue with the side mirrors being limited vertically. And I have the heated steering wheel though I can’t see myself ever needing it. No upgraded console or headlights.

I think the premium sound system sounds great but I don’t know anything about good sound. I definitely think it sounds better than the partial premium sound in my wife’s model 3 SR+ though.

I still plan on running some range tests and trying to get some consumption numbers. They looked pretty good driving back from Santa Barbara but I wasn’t running the HVAC. Also it looks like the rated wh/mile is 229 but that was me just eyeballing the line, I could be wrong.

it’s plenty fast for my tastes even with only one motor and weighing more than the model 3. Overall I am very happy with it so far, been waiting a full year at this point to buy a Y. Huzzah!
Is the acceleration boost upgrade available to you?

Is your trade in a Tesla? Anything unexpected happening with the process?

I’m planning to trade my ‘18 M3 RWD LR for a ‘21 MY. I’ve just about convinced myself to go with the SR instead of LR and am looking to hear everyone’s impressions.
No, my trade in is not a Tesla. It is a Kia Niro EV. and the paperwork problems are all my fault. not Teslas.

Can we confirm the max SC capacity? Does anyone have a reason to believe it’s higher than the M3 SR+‘s 170kW?

Seems like the rated wh/mile is the same scenario as my wife’s SR+. Which is basically driving 60mph on a flat surface with no HVAC. Strictly following that might get the max range out of the battery. Go any faster and turn the air on and you’re definitely not getting 244 miles of range. If you do 75-80mph it’ll also be like the SR, 150 miles or so. When I get time I will give that test a go

• Helpful
Reactions: JLOC