Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Test Drive and … Upcoming Purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sunnyvale is a service center, no? Have they ever done test drives?

Anyway, last week I went to the website and requested a test drive. I got a call from the Santana Row showroom literally 5 minutes later and scheduled a test drive for the next day. I got the impression those guys are sitting around with nothing to do. They gave me the car to drive by myself for 20 minutes, but he told me he had no more test drives after me and to take as long as I wanted.
Interesting to hear that the Santana Row showroom has a Model Y available for test drives. Wonder if the Sunnyvale, CA location also has one for test drives now?

We test drove at the Sunnyvale location last week. The experience was great and couldn't have asked for a better service. We got 30+ mins for ourselves to take it out on our own.

• Informative
Reactions: mgraff
Test drove a LR AWD Y today. So fun. My wife and daughter loved it too. I'm just trying to decide if I really want another payment at the moment. My Prius (not fun to drive) is paid for and our Subaru Outback has two more years until paid off (0% interest so not in a rush). The Y was just a blast to drive though. I joined the Carolina credit union that has 2.49% for 84 months just in case. I like the lower payment, but then pay more each month to pay it off a few years early.

Thanks for that info...did you call in advance to reserve a test drive or just show up?

With nothing to do on a saturday, me and the wife simply drove to the sunnyvale location with no intention of a test drive but to simply look at the Model Y in flesh. A sales rep saw us loitering and set up a test drive appointment for us. She was super helpful. You can get in touch with her if you'd like: Nancy [email protected]

• Informative
Reactions: mgraff
I did a test drive in March (pre-Covid) and now a test drive 1.5 weeks ago. 1st one allowed me a 30-minute self-drive of M3, and second one allowed a 20-min self drive of MY. Since there was only one MY, there was probably a big queue of people that wanted to test drive it.

Reactions: Electric Steve
It's part of FSD which I didn't buy. I'm sure I can get into my spot, very slowly and carefully, but even my own more narrow car has battle scars from clipping the concrete support column to the left of me. This really sucks. The parking space cannot even be changed as its deeded to my condo apartment.

Can you wrap the column to protect your car?? Seems like the easiest solution to protect your new babY