Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Trunk Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't stop until it hits an object and that too with a force. Doesn't the "Ultrasonic Sensors" detect a big object like a garage door? Can a software update fix this problem?

While not directly answering your question - the only partial workaround that I have found is changing the default setting for how high the trunk raises. Prior to changing the setting the trunk would bang into my garage door.

While not directly answering your question - the only partial workaround that I have found is changing the default setting for how high the trunk raises. Prior to changing the setting the trunk would bang into my garage door.

I already did that. One time my key fob got pressed in my pocket and the trunk opened, while the garage door is closed. I did put some pool noodles to the garage door. Will load the pictures later. Even when loading/unloading the door doesn't sense if there is a person.

Unfortunately the rear hatch doesn’t have ultrasonic sensors. So it’s resistance what stops it. So yeah, mine opened too high and hit the garage door. Had to reprogram height. LoL pool noodles to the rescue.
15904219002232273464222070947270.jpg

Attachments

• 15904218254954667473083085361329.jpg
    15904218254954667473083085361329.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 107
Just to clarify, would the noodles just be to protect if you opened the hatch while the garage door is closed? Why not just not open the hatch while the garage door is closed? Has it been opening on it's own or something?

Reactions: OutofPocket
Just to clarify, would the noodles just be to protect if you opened the hatch while the garage door is closed? Why not just not open the hatch while the garage door is closed? Has it been opening on it's own or something?
It's just to prevent damage from any accidental opening via Fob or Display Screen. Ofcourse, wouldn't open the trunk while the garage door is closed.

• Informative
Reactions: DDrawer
It's just to prevent damage from any accidental opening via Fob or Display Screen. Ofcourse, wouldn't open the trunk while the garage door is closed.

Depends on the doors. All of my doors 8' tall and my garage is deep - shouldn't be a problem opening the back with the garage open or closed. Hopefully I'll know in 2 weeks.