Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y wheels on Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After hitting a few too many potholes, I went to get my 19" Model 3 wheels balanced and found that two are slightly dinged and one is bad enough that it can't be trued. I'm about ready for new tires anyway (23K miles) and wondered if it's advisable to mount stock Model Y Gemini wheels on the Model 3. I know the Gemini wheels are a half inch wider and that the profile will be slightly higher, but has anybody done this (or similar), and is there any particular reason not to.

There are discussions about mounting Model 3 wheels on a Model Y but, as far as I can tell, not vice versa.

Any advice?

Thanks!

PS: I also have a Model Y but I won't be switching those wheels.

Yes you can hack the Gemini wheels with spacers to fit them on a 3 but they won't fit well and won't do anything to address your pothole concern since you can't use Model Y tire sizes on a 3.

The only option to reduce pothole damage would be to downsize to 18" wheels. Used OEM "Aeros" are cheap and plentiful, or go aftermarket with TSportline etc.

Upvote 0