Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Yakima Roof Bars - withdrawn from market

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Had a pre-order for a set of these from Roofbox.co.uk. I have ordered various items from my previous cars from this company so was happy with the products offered and their knowledge of what you need etc.

Noticed the Yakima bars have been removed from the website. Emailed and they have confirmed removed from the market by Yakima due to damage to some roofs.

Any alternatives out there other than the Tesla ones? Unfortunately going away next week so might just have to just go for the Tesla factory ones.

Thanks

Yeah I think that will be the reason they have been removed from the market. The Tesla ones just seem overpriced compared to all the previous roof bars I have purchased. thought by now there would be credible alternatives from the like of Thule etc but not yet.

I thought Yakima are the OEM supplier!?

Interestingly, their M3 bars on roofbox (also a huge fan btw) are different to the OEM ones. Possibly they are still not allowed to sell the Tesla ones.

Unusually for yakima it's a full kit only. Usually for the whisper bars you can just buy the interchangeable foot kits, which makes them a really good investment over the years, esp if you can share between an extended family. £40 a pop for each new car.

I had a set on back order with them also, which were due this week and they called me on Monday to say that Yakima have withdrawn them from sale due to an issue with the foot pack performance. I also believe that Yakima are the OEM for the Tesla bars.

There’s no date for any revised product, if at all. I’d expect Thule to have also come out with something by now also.