Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2024 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered my Performance Y and got a VIN assigned within an hour. It's a 2023 VIN. I have no experience when and how Tesla switches VINs to 2024. I believe they have plenty of cars ready to go that were produced already. I wouldn't wait ordering hoping you get a 2024 model.
That is correct. Tesla has too many 2023 already built and unsold. At this point my guess would be January for 2024 model at the earliest.

Reactions: KJD and David99
I have a 2023 MYP but with HW3, considered early 2023 built Nov 2022
No regrets
Amazing vehicle
What are the rumors of what changes are in the 2024? Understood mid 2023 they switched to HW4
Now what’s next?

Ordered about a week ago, and was assigned a VIN today. Ordered MY LR, 10th digit is a P, 2023. I live in Austin, but interestingly the car is coming from Fremont (11th digit is F), possibly because I opted for the 7 seater option?

Ordered about a week ago, and was assigned a VIN today. Ordered MY LR, 10th digit is a P, 2023. I live in Austin, but interestingly the car is coming from Fremont (11th digit is F), possibly because I opted for the 7 seater option?
Welcome aboard
Load up with the relevant accessories
Next road trip try FSDb, be a diligent observer, but be amazed
Be excited about the frequent OTA updates

Reactions: a.deodatus