Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modifications to your roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Roadster History North America

For visual this may help. I have early cast wheels that were original powder coated black and they are gloss

3706F37C-8ECF-489A-BF23-F4152F00C8D8.jpeg

Attachments

• 91AB45D6-1529-4078-A44A-BE4FD1DF07B5.jpeg
    91AB45D6-1529-4078-A44A-BE4FD1DF07B5.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 71
  • BE3AF9B8-F126-45E9-A966-C78EC5F506A8.jpeg
    BE3AF9B8-F126-45E9-A966-C78EC5F506A8.jpeg
    397.8 KB · Views: 61
The original 2.5 forged rims are just painted a gloss black (or an extremely cheap powder coat), as they chip if you breathe on them. If the high gloss black you refer to has an extra clear topcoat, I would just use the gloss black, as I have seen the clear both yellow and peel. It depends on the quality of the powder coat and its application.

I'm in the middle of my wheel swap right now. I have swapped out the radio already...Roadster came with an Oxygen Audio headunit that required an IPhone 4 to operate. I'm going to be changing the speakers soon...is it difficult to R&R the speakers.

Lastly, what features are provided by purchasing/installing an OVMS?

Lastly, what features are provided by purchasing/installing an OVMS?
The short answer is that OVMS allows remote monitoring of the status of the car and some remote control using an iPhone or Android phone. OVMS connects to a server using WiFi if available or 3G cell service if not; your phone connects to that same server to retrieve the status or send commands over the Internet using whatever communication path is appropriate. Most important to me is the ability to monitor charging while on a road trip without having to remain near the car.

The short answer is that OVMS allows remote monitoring of the status of the car and some remote control using an iPhone or Android phone. OVMS connects to a server using WiFi if available or 3G cell service if not; your phone connects to that same server to retrieve the status or send commands over the Internet using whatever communication path is appropriate. Most important to me is the ability to monitor charging while on a road trip without having to remain near the car.
Hi again Steve,

Thanks for the info on the OVMS. Talk to you more when I see you.

@Bunnak Can you post a link to the LED headlights? I'm just about to replace mine. I'm also curious what bulbs you're using for the little parking lights right next to the low beams.
@Bunnak Can you post a link to the LED headlights? I'm just about to replace mine. I'm also curious what bulbs you're using for the little parking lights right next to the low beams.

Javier (@ExecMotorwerkz) former Tesla roadster tech did headlights upgrade/replacement me. He’s in Southern California but has done “ranger service” in the past.

Executive Motorwerkz - Javier
14117 S. Western Ave. Unit C
Gardena CA 90249
(323) 577-9706