Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modify 6 seater to 7 seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if you can take out the two second row buckets and put a second row bench seat in it's place?

I like the idea of getting a Plaid X but hate the 6 seat configuration as I'd need to be able to fold seats for large items.

I'd think it should work fine to swap unless there is a difference in mounting points or electronics, but I've never heard of anyone doing this. Thanks.

Floor board metal mounts allow it to be possible. However i asked my local service advisor and buying the 2nd row middle seats and floor is restricted meaning they cant buy it for us. Only the Tesla Colision center is allowed to.

Did you ever find a solution to making the Plaid a 7 seater? I am on the fence about ordering one until I can find a solution to convert the 6 seater to a 7 seater. I was thinking of buying a wrecked 7 seater on Copart. If you know someone that would want to do this but would take some engineering costs I'd split it with you.