Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moisture Absorber Dehumidifier for inside your car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. I am thinking of buying Moisture Absorber Dehumidifier for my MX and MY during this rainy season. Has anyone used them and does it really help with reducing or eliminate the fogging of glass/windshield inside the car? Thank you
edit: not just for glass but generally to greatly reduce the moisture/wetness inside crevices, carpeted areas?

Last edited:
You have a built in dehumidifier, the climate control. Just turn it on, set a temp and let it do its thing.
Agree. I've never had a situation where simply turning on the defrost (red mode) for a few seconds didn't defog everything, almost instantly. My X is the fastest defog/defrost vehicle I've ever had. It gets very hot very quickly though, so you don't want to leave it on for long, but it works great!

Agree. I've never had a situation where simply turning on the defrost (red mode) for a few seconds didn't defog everything, almost instantly. My X is the fastest defog/defrost vehicle I've ever had. It gets very hot very quickly though, so you don't want to leave it on for long, but it works great!
Yes I do use the defrost but mine (fogging) tends to come back soon which leaves me to believe I have too much moisture in the car. As long as the car is completely closed, windows and all, that evaporated/defrosted moisture from the windshield is still in the car and come back to the windshield again, no?

The air conditioner is for more than just cooling the interior. It’s also for dehumidifying the interior. So having it on is the most effective way to defog (the blue symbol) or defrost (the red symbol), which is why the AC is engaged for both. I’m not in my car, but if I recall correctly, defrost forces the temperature to “HI”, while defog lets you set the temperature to whatever you want.

Based on what you want to do, sounds like you should press the button one for defog mode (the blue symbol) and adjust the temperature to whatever you want.
Above from another thread.

Yes I do use the defrost but mine (fogging) tends to come back soon which leaves me to believe I have too much moisture in the car. As long as the car is completely closed, windows and all, that evaporated/defrosted moisture from the windshield is still in the car and come back to the windshield again, no?
That would be true if you have recirculate on. Make sure you do NOT have recirculate turned on. Recirculate (closed) retains moisture, adding to the fogging. You need fresh air in the cabin to keep things at reasonable humidity levels. This is true with all vehicles and not unique to Tesla. The only thing different with Tesla is, there is no warmup time required. You have full heating available with zero warmup time.

The only other option would be to tell all your passengers to stop breathing. However, that may not be well received by all parties.