Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Molded Mud Flaps on Amazon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 435449

I’m worried about the cupped design too.. but I figured that the wind is being blocked as the mudguards are installed behind the tires? It’s not like the mg are sticking out like the side mirrors and scooping? I don’t know.

Thanks for the photos! What do you think about the flaps where they fit to the body? Any chance that dirt and debris can get trapped and cause paint damage?

Ordered and installed the Amazon Basenor mud flaps - best mod i have done yet. Ordered Tuesday, received Saturday. They we very easy to install, match perfect, and give a "factory finish" appearance to the car. They do not stick out beyond the side tire profile, in fact they match exactly. It's obvious that these were designed specific for the Model 3, and not a generic product - link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Tesla-Model-Flaps-Splash-Guards/dp/B07V36S77Y

As mentioned earlier, the front flaps require creating a hole in the plastic fender well material. Once mounted, I simply used an ice pick, centered in the flap hole, and pushed it through the fender well material. This creates a small pilot hole for the supplied mount screw to bite, and thread in. There is nothing directly behind the material, at least for several inches. Screw in snug, but no so tight as to strip out the fender well material (~1/16" rubber/plastic thickness). The rear flaps require removing and reinstalling the lower mount bolt, which is 10mm.

The wheels do not need to be removed, but turn the front wheels for better access. The supplied mounting expansion tabs are a two part composite. While the outer expansion tab inserts easy enough, the separate center plastic "spline nail" piece require a significant amount of force to insert, and access is limited. I used a 1"x1" wood board, about 2' long to seat one end on the center piece, and struck the board with a hammer while holding the outer end by hand. Basically, used the board as a striking lever for access between the tire and fender well.

Highly recommend this addition, don't know why they were not included with the car, or at least as an add-on option.

Ordered and installed the Amazon Basenor mud flaps - best mod i have done yet. Ordered Tuesday, received Saturday. They we very easy to install, match perfect, and give a "factory finish" appearance to the car. They do not stick out beyond the side tire profile, in fact they match exactly. It's obvious that these were designed specific for the Model 3, and not a generic product - link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Tesla-Model-Flaps-Splash-Guards/dp/B07V36S77Y

As mentioned earlier, the front flaps require creating a hole in the plastic fender well material. Once mounted, I simply used an ice pick, centered in the flap hole, and pushed it through the fender well material. This creates a small pilot hole for the supplied mount screw to bite, and thread in. There is nothing directly behind the material, at least for several inches. Screw in snug, but no so tight as to strip out the fender well material (~1/16" rubber/plastic thickness). The rear flaps require removing and reinstalling the lower mount bolt, which is 10mm.

The wheels do not need to be removed, but turn the front wheels for better access. The supplied mounting expansion tabs are a two part composite. While the outer expansion tab inserts easy enough, the separate center plastic "spline nail" piece require a significant amount of force to insert, and access is limited. I used a 1"x1" wood board, about 2' long to seat one end on the center piece, and struck the board with a hammer while holding the outer end by hand. Basically, used the board as a striking lever for access between the tire and fender well.

Highly recommend this addition, don't know why they were not included with the car, or at least as an add-on option.

I ordered and installed these same flaps yesterday. Review, with pictures, can be found below. Did you notice a toxic smell when you opened up the package? o_O

Ugh, Ordered Mud flaps

Order these from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W6NZ25H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They arrive in a couple of days and were a breeze to install. I personally like the look better as they are more streamlined and I think are less pronounced.
IMG_8690.jpg
IMG_8693.jpg
IMG_8696.jpg
IMG_8702.jpg

Order these from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W6NZ25H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They arrive in a couple of days and were a breeze to install. I personally like the look better as they are more streamlined and I think are less pronounced.View attachment 456927 View attachment 456928 View attachment 456929 View attachment 456930
Thanx for the pics. These are the same ones I ordered yesterday.

I was waiting for a more streamlined mudflap version to appear, but it was hard to tell from their pics. There's another vendor with better pics of what looks like the same model, so I was hoping that this version extended to the rear the same; should clean up the air flow a bit behind the flaps, but a CFD analysis needs to confirm this, LOL.

... Want a front flap that extends 1 inch lower and tapers about 6 inches further back; also need a tapered side skirt of sorts to protect the area in front of the rear wheels :)

Last edited:
They arrive in a couple of days and were a breeze to install. I personally like the look better as they are more streamlined and I think are less pronounced.View attachment 456927 View attachment 456928 View attachment 456929 View attachment 456930

How did you install the front flaps? More specifically, how/where did you mount the screw on the bottom of the front flaps? I have exact same set but the screw hole on the bottom of front flap does not line up with anything. It is close to the mounting hole of the side-skirt but not close enough

Thanx for the pics. These are the same ones I ordered yesterday.

I was waiting for a more streamlined mudflap version to appear, but it was hard to tell from their pics. There's another vendor with better pics of what looks like the same model, so I was hoping that this version extended to the rear the same; should clean up the air flow a bit behind the flaps, but a CFD analysis needs to confirm this, LOL.

... Want a front flap that extends 1 inch lower and tapers about 6 inches further back; also need a tapered side skirt of sorts to protect the area in front of the rear wheels :)

These now show as unavailable. Is there another source for these?

I picked up some rock chips on my lower panels last year in the wintertime when gravel was down on the roads and need to install something like this to avoid it happening again this year.

My problem with the original mud flap design, is that the front flaps have nothing supporting it in the forward direction. e.g; If you take your foot and you push on the front mud guard towards the front of the car, the mud guard will move forward as there is nothing on the rear side to hold it in place.

is that the case for the new design?