Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Money Needed at Signing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all!

Will be a Tesla Model 3 owner here in the next few months. I am going to be financing a LR AWD version. I am trying to understand all the money that is needed from me at signing. I am looking to put 10% down and finance the rest. From what Ive been reading, I will need the down payment, the sales tax and then the check from the bank? Is there anything that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Lucas

when i got my car back in 2018, i financed through my own credit union. got the total out the door price from tesla and brought that to my cu. told my cu what i wanted to put down and they put the difference in my account and then cut me a check for the price for the car. brought the check to my delivery and gave them the check and signed my papers and i was out

I did two payments, first is the down payment which can be paid by personal check when you pick up or by ACH transfer. Make sure to let them know beforehand how much you want to put as down payment so they can adjust the order agreement.

The second is the check (financed) from my bank for the rest. You shouldn't have to pay sales tax separately.

You should get a final price sheet from Tesla which includes the sales tax, rego fees, and other government fees. This final total will be used by whomever you go to for financing (Google "Tesla final price sheet" for example images).
From what I understand (I'm still 6-9 weeks away from pickup), if you got a 100% auto loan, you wouldn't need to pay anything up front as the loan would cover it all.

Hello all!

Will be a Tesla Model 3 owner here in the next few months. I am going to be financing a LR AWD version. I am trying to understand all the money that is needed from me at signing. I am looking to put 10% down and finance the rest. From what Ive been reading, I will need the down payment, the sales tax and then the check from the bank? Is there anything that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Lucas

You should get auto insurance when you get the VIN from Tesla. License registration comes later when you get the final paperwork from Tesla, a few weeks later.

You should get a home charging setup if you can. The NEMA 14-30 is inexpensive 220 Volt plug (commonly an electric dryer plug) , Altho you have to order the adapter from Tesla accessories as well. The NEMA 14-50 is probably the most popular (RV charger plug and electric oven plug). You also need to order this adapter from Tesla if you get this.

Simplest is the Tesla home charger with power cord. It can be variably setup (30-80 amps I think), but it’s the more expensive solution.

i used the Finance credit union that was linked to teslas order form. so i think they get the money from them.i only have have my down payment. when i get the car i guess im supposed to go to the dmv to order my plates and pay the sales tax to them there. 6.5%