Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Model 3 unveil invites coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is meant to be a car for everyone and who gets first ordering, people who are already lucky enough to have Tesla's. Surely it should be join the queue like everyone else.

I don't understand your point? Model reservations start at 10 am PST on 31 March at all showrooms. This event is at 7pm PST the same afternoon. No preferential treatment is being given for orders. Everyone will wait in the same lines at showrooms or online.

Current owners are only getting a chance, a very small chance, to see the unveil live. For FREE.
Last time i checked if you wanted to see a reveal you had to wait till the Detroit, LA, or Geneva auto shows and pay.

Not sure why there's such issue over Tesla giving preferential treatment to current owners lately. Those owners are the reason Tesla is still around to offer s cheaper vehicle.

Additionally, they're probably more likely to provide feedback relative to their previous experience with the cars. And, maybe, be more forgiving of early missteps - though recent threads have me questioning that assertion.

Just got the email also. I won't be entering the ticket contest, since I can't justify a trip to LA at this time. Better odds for the rest of you!

Of interest to me was the answer to a bunch of questions we've had in recent days about the timing of reservations: In-store at 10 AM PST and on-line when the reveal event begins. That's pretty simple.

This is meant to be a car for everyone and who gets first ordering, people who are already lucky enough to have Tesla's. Surely it should be join the queue like everyone else.

Your rule is fair enough but existing owners are already familiar with how a Tesla works and NOT works.

Historically, from Roadster, Model S, Model X, there were always some kind of problems (whether delayed timing or technical...)

If there are problems in production, although existing owners may whine a lot but at least they already know what to expect and how the service work.

Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick... the invite says "As a current owner who has supported Tesla and our mission, your reservation will be take priority and be placed ahead of non owners." That reads to me as if the reservation for a Model 3 not a reservation for the draw. The invites are going to current owners anyhow.

Apologies if I am wrong.

Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick... the invite says "As a current owner who has supported Tesla and our mission, your reservation will be take priority and be placed ahead of non owners." That reads to me as if the reservation for a Model 3 not a reservation for the draw. The invites are going to current owners anyhow.

Apologies if I am wrong.
I'm not sure if that's what they meant, but that's certainly what it says grammatically.
Model 3 reservations will open in Tesla stores on March 31 at 10am PST, as well as online immediately when the event (which will also be accessible via a live stream) begins. As a current owner who has supported Tesla and our mission, your reservation will take priority and be placed ahead of non-owners.

I don't understand your point? Model reservations start at 10 am PST on 31 March at all showrooms. This event is at 7pm PST the same afternoon. No preferential treatment is being given for orders. Everyone will wait in the same lines at showrooms or online.

Current owners are only getting a chance, a very small chance, to see the unveil live. For FREE.
Last time i checked if you wanted to see a reveal you had to wait till the Detroit, LA, or Geneva auto shows and pay.

Incorrect. Read the last paragraph of the invite: "As a current owner who has supported Tesla and our mission, your reservation will take priority and be placed ahead of non-owners."

The evangelism of Tesla owners has been a big part of enabling Tesla to grow, especially given the lack of traditional marketing from Tesla. Putting those people at the front of the line makes complete sense, given that they already have experience with Tesla, EVs, and likely a track record as a sort of brand ambassador for Tesla.