Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Model 3 unveil invites coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are reservations fully refundable?

You'll be able to read an agreement saying that "Non-Binding Reservation Payment" which means you cancel at anytime with no reason and you'll get a full refund.

It also means Tesla can cancel your reservation and refund you your deposit fully for no reasons at all.

I don't think there's been a clause of "minus credit card fees."

If that will be the case, to avoid credit card fees (for refund option only,) pay by checking/saving account.

You'll be able to read an agreement saying that "Non-Binding Reservation Payment" which means you cancel at anytime with no reason and you'll get a full refund.

It also means Tesla can cancel your reservation and refund you your deposit fully for no reasons at all.

I don't think there's been a clause of "minus credit card fees."

If that will be the case, to avoid credit card fees (for refund option only,) pay by checking/saving account.
I reserved an X on my credit card ($5000). When I cancelled, they refunded the full $5000 back to my card (no credit card fees).

I reserved an X on my credit card ($5000). When I cancelled, they refunded the full $5000 back to my card (no credit card fees).

Reservations are fully refundable until you decide to configure your car and order it. Once you do that, your money is no longer refundable, as the order will reach the production queue and within a week you'll receive a VIN. once you configure, you have 1 week to make any changes for no charge. After that, any change will incur an additional cost, if it reaches Tesla before the car starts in the production line.

I think for the model 3 it will be different as Tesla builds this priority list. My guess is that once your time comes, you will be asked to place the order, and if you do not, you get your money back and are out.

Last edited:
FGc1vtI.png

No ||| for me • /r/teslamotors