Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Price Cut(s)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be all over a 7-seat X LR if it was available for about $70K. We have owned 2 MYs 5 seaters and have had to rent a BIG SUV when my SIL/Dau and grandkids come and visit, and then when we visit them their only vehicle that carries 6 folks is my SIL F-250 SD long bed. So when we go out we either have to take that or two vehicles. And they live in The Solomons in southern MD and finding BIG parking spaces near all the waterfront restaurants is nearly impossible. So we are thinking of buying a used 3-row SUV for those occasions. But then why keep the Y? Being retired affordability does play a role in our decisions. We stretched to buy the Y, we'd have to stretch HARD to even get into a $70K X. But we'd dig into our retirement to stay in a Tesla.

I'd be all over a 7-seat X LR if it was available for about $70K. We have owned 2 MYs 5 seaters and have had to rent a BIG SUV when my SIL/Dau and grandkids come and visit, and then when we visit them their only vehicle that carries 6 folks is my SIL F-250 SD long bed. So when we go out we either have to take that or two vehicles. And they live in The Solomons in southern MD and finding BIG parking spaces near all the waterfront restaurants is nearly impossible. So we are thinking of buying a used 3-row SUV for those occasions. But then why keep the Y? Being retired affordability does play a role in our decisions. We stretched to buy the Y, we'd have to stretch HARD to even get into a $70K X. But we'd dig into our retirement to stay in a Tesla.
You want an X you need a used hybrid Sienna ;) or wait for the IDBuzz

Reactions: JBT66
Get a sienna. Cheaper and amazing gas mileage.

The 0.9% rate on the Y was tempting last month. But I prefer the X and am holding out hopes. My prediction is that Q3 or Q4 will have a greater price cut and/or a reduced finance rate will be offered on the X. It’s hilarious to watch all the content on social media and the news about Tesla no longer offering such and such incentives. They can gaslight all they want to but only so many people can finance $80k vehicles with these kind of rates and economy. EV demand will not be fixed over the next 12-18 months, so if you can hold out, better deals will be had. It’s just a waiting game.

On a side note, it will definitely be interesting to watch how many levers Tesla has to pull just to get close to last year’s sales. As others have noted, already offering a promotional rate on their newest vehicle (model 3), shows how bad demand is.