Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most miles on a single charge [COMPETITION]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My vote is that 25 mile difference doesn't exist in any real measureable terms. Or maybe you the aero wheels will bridge the gap.

The range difference is probably a wash. There are more real differences like the free supercharging of the S, having less wind noise in the S, etc.

For me personally I'm concerned about the User interface controls in the 3LR. I can't see touching the screen to adjust things like the adaptive cruise control speed, or the wipers. So I'm hoping to see some improvements in those areas before the 3LRD is released. I intend on going from my 70D to it for the extra range and a better $/range value. I would consider the 100D if they revamped the interior.

Free Supercharging sounds great but really is a low-dollar item. So far, we’ve used paid Supercharging on one trip. 600-mile r/t to Mammoth plus a hundred or so miles while there. Charged in Lone Pine and Mammoth. Cost us maybe $20 total. Figure $100 - $250 for a busy year of road trips.

In the meantime, energy usage is about 50 Wh/mi lower than Model S. Multiply that by 12,000 or so home-charged miles per year, and that is 600 kWh saved. At our average rate of 12 cents per kWh, that’s about $150.

Pretty much a wash.

Wipers UI isn’t bad. And, should be easily improved via software updates.

AP UI will take a little more effort, but I suspect Tesla will eventually eliminate the current speed adjustment hassle.