Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Worthy Canada-Wide EV Non-Profit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fellow Canadian TMC'ers, I need your collective wisdom.
When I camped out a month ago to reserve my Model 3, a lot of folks from all over asked if I could make a T-shirt with the custom Evolve graphic from my tent. I'm happy to do so and am nearly ready to get it going on Teespring.
Here's a teaser of what it'll look like:
Model3-T-frt.JPG

Model3-T-frt.JPG

Model3-T-frt.JPG
Model3-T-rr.JPG

There will be three versions available, one each for Model 3, Model S and Model X. Many apologies to Roadster owners, I currently only have the Supercharger graphic mocked up and that obviously doesn't make sense to show beside the little guy. But if there's enough interest we can figure out an appropriate new version.
However in the spirit of advancing the rEVolution I thought we should use this to raise some money for deserving EV organizations. In the U.S. I thought Plug In America was the logical choice, and in my home province I would like to support AVEQ (they do great work here). However I'd like to also donate to a Canadian national org, but it isn't clear to me who that should be. I'd really appreciate some ideas exchanged here so we could come to a consensus. Please share your thoughts.

Looks great. My only nitpicky comment is that you should change the "V's" to get rid of the "Times Roman" kind of font endings at the top of the "V's". My mind keeps reading Volvo since they use a similar type of V and the word is almost Volvo. Tesla uses more straight lines anyway.

Looks great. My only nitpicky comment is that you should change the "V's" to get rid of the "Times Roman" kind of font endings at the top of the "V's". My mind keeps reading Volvo since they use a similar type of V and the word is almost Volvo. Tesla uses more straight lines anyway.

Thanks for the input Canuck, I'll see if we can't tweak that V a little.

However I'm saddened we have zero responses so far on what Canadian EV org to donate to.
Anyone?
Anyone at all?
Bueller?
Bueller?

Why no love for the Roadster?

As included in my opening post:
"Many apologies to Roadster owners, I currently only have the Supercharger graphic mocked up and that obviously doesn't make sense to show beside the little guy. But if there's enough interest we can figure out an appropriate new version."

So if the Roadster folks would like one (we need at least 50 on board to produce) then we can do it!

However I'm saddened we have zero responses so far on what Canadian EV org to donate to.
Anyone?
Anyone at all?
Bueller?
Bueller?
Sorry. My brain shuts down when someone asks for a quick answer. I have to ponder. When I was in elementary school we had a separate weekly class for 4 of us bright kids. Did a lot of brain storming. I sucked at it. I don't know who it was who connected smarts with instant answers. They were an idiot.

That and I don't know enough about what charities are out there.

Anyone?
Anyone at all?
Bueller?
Bueller?
Not exactly a non-profit, but I know that Sun Country Highway allows you to sponsor a charger, and they will install it in a suitable location to help expand the charging infrastructure. Just a thought...

Not exactly a non-profit, but I know that Sun Country Highway allows you to sponsor a charger, and they will install it in a suitable location to help expand the charging infrastructure. Just a thought...
Hmmm, that's gonna be hard to manage, there are so many places that need chargers in this country!
That's why I'm looking for a central organization that has the national interests of EV owners in mind.
The only substantial one I've found so far is Electric Mobility Canada, which seems quite substantial given that they're the organizers of the world Electric Vehicle Symposium & Exhibition. No small event, this. However as they already seem to have some really big corporate partners I don't know that a few hundred bucks from my shirt efforts are going to make a difference.
Still, would love input from you veteran Canadian EV'ers who are much more conversant than I on the matter.

Sorry. My brain shuts down when someone asks for a quick answer. I have to ponder. When I was in elementary school we had a separate weekly class for 4 of us bright kids. Did a lot of brain storming. I sucked at it. I don't know who it was who connected smarts with instant answers. They were an idiot.

That and I don't know enough about what charities are out there.
No worries ;).
Have you ever heard of EMC, the org I just posted above?
Just wondering if I haven't due to my noobness, or if they really are that stealthy for a group that has such a big footprint.