Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mot and 2 Tyres on Monday!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get primacy acoustics fitted.

I had acoustics fitted at first all-round-replace. Not sure they are quieter, per se, and I immediately noticed a "drumming" not there before ... but I've got used to it now.

Not a reason not to fit them, but not sure they made any tangible difference. To my ear at least ...

I got mine from www.camskill.co.uk and had the local independent "nothing is too much trouble" guy balance and fit (£10 a corner I think).

I'd be interest how they jack up the Tesla for MOT purposes. My CPO Tesla came MOT'd but can see see there is some battery edge damage - only a plastic trim but it makes me wonder how garages do it and do they care and do they actually know. The jack points on the Tesla are a daft size - ideally need jack pads.

James

I'd be interest how they jack up the Tesla for MOT purposes. My CPO Tesla came MOT'd but can see see there is some battery edge damage - only a plastic trim but it makes me wonder how garages do it and do they care and do they actually know. The jack points on the Tesla are a daft size - ideally need jack pads.

James
That is my concern, too.

The tyres - 2 for £367 fitted and a free dashcam (not sure that will be of use).

10% discount and KwikFit were cheapest, at this moment! Tried all the others....much more expensive.

They sometimes put car on lift and then use a secondary slide jack that straddles the lift to raise the cars suspension for checking bushes, links. and boots; just make sure they are aware that they must not lift on the battery and all should be fine.

I had acoustics fitted at first all-round-replace. Not sure they are quieter, per se, and I immediately noticed a "drumming" not there before ... but I've got used to it now.

Not a reason not to fit them, but not sure they made any tangible difference. To my ear at least ...

I got mine from www.camskill.co.uk and had the local independent "nothing is too much trouble" guy balance and fit (£10 a corner I think).

I used camskill before - they were great.

Re the acoustic option on the tyres - this has negligible effect on lower frequuencies but does reduce the higher frequencies a bit, new tarmac can be almost eerily quiet. reducing higher frequencies might explain why the lower frequency drumming became more apparent?

Final update.
MOT fine, except on the way there, AP and Cruise went missing! Did mot affect MOT and fune next day.

Ordering 2 Michelins secured a free Proofcam 106 dashcam, courtesy of Keikfit offer. That is in process to receive within 28 days.