Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor replacement in Hong Kong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure some of you may have experience noise coming from your Model S motor. I'm about bring my car back to the dealers in Hong Kong for a service and look into the motor noises. Someone did mention to me about refitting the original wheels back onto the car before bringing it back. Does anyone have experience with that ? The service rep mentioned the team will look into the noises before deciding/ordering the motor from the states. Do I have to refit the original wheels upon the first checkup? or I can refit the OEM wheels when the motor arrives (which takes approx. 2 months after the first visit)

any help is appreciated.

Thanks !

Common sense says that's not necessary at all. BUT, seeing how Tesla HK service is at the moment, the last thing you want is dropping yoy car there for three days then calling up to find they haven't decided Rio work in it since you don't have the stock wheels, or some other non sense.

Given the particular Hong Kong Tesla situation, swapping the wheels back first would eliminate one thing that they might blame.