Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motorway Navigation Instructions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its not a bug. It has featured on all 5 of my Model 3's and Model Y's. If you find it annoying switch the sound off!
I’m sure it hasn’t always given the distance to every motorway exit and told you to keep right. Unless lanes disappeared at the junction it always used to tell you how far to the next junction where there might be a risk of approaching in the wrong lane, or to the junction where you need to turn off if sooner. I think the change probably happened about 6-9 months ago.

Its not a bug. It has featured on all 5 of my Model 3's and Model Y's. If you find it annoying switch the sound off!
I have to disagree, it is a bug as it didn't used to do it.

I want the sound on so I know when to make a turn and I don't mind it interrupting what I am listening to when I need to make a turn. What I and others object to is it interupting what you are listening to and saying "In 1 mile, do nothing at all and carry on as you where". There's no turn to make so no need for the car to talk to you.

I mean it doesn't do it on city driving "In the next 300 yards, don't turn down the road on your left and continue on your current road".

Agreed. I sometimes tend to go straight and miss my exit on longer drives, so voice navigation is something I require, but having it yapping at every single junction to tell me to go straight on is bloody annoying.
Exactly the same for me. I mean if some like or want this, just make it an option so people can toggle it on and off.

In true Tesla fashion they could call it the "Nothing to see here voice prompts"

1717425117724.png