Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moulded Mud Flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I appreciate they are not to everyone's taste but I they are effective at reducing the road rash behind the wheels.
Not a fan of the flat ones which is why I always get moulded type ones but it looks like the taptes website has now doubled the price of them to $60! Must be a supply/demand thing I guess.

Has anyone got any photos of them fitted to a white model 3 please?
Looks like the generic Chinese design can be had on a lot of places and can see similar ones for £15 on ebay.
Anyone have these and what they are like?

The info on the main model 3 website for ebay.com can be used to get same from .co.uk - they ship from hong kong, but I feel happier ordering from .co.uk site rather than .com

I think they work out under £20 incl shipping (may be hit with import charges) - apparently exactly the same as the tapates ones.

I got the taptes for $36, just waiting for the car now! I'm not sure what taptes do about shipping, it seems like they must have a distribution point in the UK as it was a royal mail postage and the return address was a UK address, so no import fees or VAT on top.

Reactions: MrBadger
I got the taptes for $36, just waiting for the car now! I'm not sure what taptes do about shipping, it seems like they must have a distribution point in the UK as it was a royal mail postage and the return address was a UK address, so no import fees or VAT on top.
The TapTes ones need an extra hole drilling, according to their website.

TapTes Mudgaurd Passenger side and all fixings - seem ok for price. No car so not fitted as yet.

thumbnail_IMG_1180[2].jpg thumbnail_IMG_1183[1].jpg

What I would like to know is how they affect the range at motorway speed? There has to be some impact. Anyone care to do a before/after test?
There was another post on the M3 forum and someone tested and didn't notice any change in range. They fit so they don't really protrude out and fit by the wheel so it shouldn't really create anymore drag as the tire would create the same amount.

Installed these generic mudflaps and they have been great at preventing rock chips and dirt.

However has anyone else fitted them and noticed that the front ones are quite wobbly and there is a lot of play/movement??
The rear ones fit really well and are solid as they have a bit which clips round but the front ones don't.
Anyone done any modifications to make the front ones more secure?