Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mountain Pass Coilover- retaining screws

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my coilovers installed last week and they are amazing. The front of the car has dropped by at least ¼" since the initial install. I am assuming most of that is due to the suspension settling in. However I am getting paranoid that the installers did not tighten the lock screws on the coilover. Just curious if you don't tighten these screws will the car continue to lower?

No, they will not move. I honestly think those screws are there as a feel-good insurance measure as the spacers are damn near impossible to turn, even with the lock screws turned out (or missing!). The fronts are probably easier to spin but in no ways effortless.

The settling in is more due to the hydraulics getting worn in and the not so much, the rubber bushing pieces lining themselves up. After a week of driving on bumpy roads mine dropped an additional 1/8"-1/4".

However, if you have a sinking feeling that the lock screws are not tightened, drive back there and have them tighten them -you may want to have them raise the car back up by the 1/4 you additionally lost and and then tighten the lock screws.

Reactions: 2020